A heads up for people with RB3 instrument problems

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Floopik, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Floopik
    OP

Newcomer Floopik Newbie

United States
    So I've noticed that there are a few reports scattered about the internet of people having issues using GH/RB instruments, as well as the midi-pro adapter, with RB3.I've had the same problem and finally fixed it tonight with some digging around.

You need this (Hermes IOS222/223):

http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=9681

and this (IOS 236) to install it:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=04OAP4KC

Make sure to install 223 with base 38. That's what will do the trick, at least in my case.

Pop it in uloader or cfg, doesn't matter, bring up the game with disk or usb, doesn't matter, change to 223 and you're golden.

It seems to me that this particular IOS makes the difference and allows me to sync my controllers. Obviously that statement is totally unscientific but that's the only thing I changed and it suddenly worked.

If anybody out there has the same problem and is looking for something to try, I'd be delighted if you could post here with results to set this method in stone a little more.

2. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Erm...I hope this isn't going to sound arrogant, but...this is nothing new. I bet that with a little searching on this forums, you could dig up a dozen threads where people mention that a cIOS with a base IOS of 37 is needed to get music games to work right (either hermes or Waninkoko's cIOS will do fine...just make sure you install them with the correct settings).

In fact, I haven't even tried playing rock band 3 without hermes's 223 cIOS. [​IMG]

On the good side: that means your conclusion is correct and you can rest assured that it'll keep working. [​IMG]

3. Floopik
    OP

Newcomer Floopik Newbie

United States
    Oh, I, uh... :\

Dang. I had such a hard time getting all this info together and was so focused on RB3 and the midi adapter that I didn't even think to search for music games outside RB3.

Good to know that everybody else had it figured out though haha...

4. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert

Except neither 37 nor 38 support SDHC.

5. ziddey

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I've been using hermes v5 cios37 and usblgx to load rb3 pal from dvd (was figuring ntsc release was going to be out right away).The runway scrolls much slower, and all the notes are closer spaced. But if you pause the song immediately once it loads and then resume, the runways go at normal speed.

As far as waninkoko's cios goes, I'm still on a much older rev, and haven't bothered to update since hermes v5 has been working so well.

But now that the bug in v21 is resolved, I'm going to be updating soon. I wonder if the runway bug is still there. RB3 can play all RB2 DLC, right? Maybe I'll use a SDHC card for all the DLC. Does rb3 handle dlc better than 2? Seems like 2 crashes/freezes occasionally while loading a song from sd. Or maybe that was only from older hermes/waninkoko.

Hmm, or I'm imagining sd support may be blackboxed, depending only on the ios used. So if a newer ios can be used with rb2, sdhc support could be automatically supported?

6. tueidj

Member tueidj I R Expert