A Hat In Time releases October 5th

218c34ba5fe8a62ed65adc51a40a737b_original.png

After five years of development, the Kickstarted indie game, A Hat In Time will officially be launching on October 5th of this year. It'll be launching on PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. Development started in 2012, and a Kickstarter to fund the game was announced in 2013, where almost $300,000 was raised to create the game. Indie dev Gears For Breakfast's project is intended as very similar in scope and style to the Nintendo 64 era of 3D platformers, and even has Grant Kirkhope of Banjo-Kazooie fame helping compose some of the soundtrack. Also announced was that the game will have full mod support, and a level editor, allowing for players to add their own creations. "Official" mods will also be included at launch, consisting of two hats for the main character to wear, Raz's helmet from Psychonauts, and Lilac's headpiece from Freedom Planet, with other cosmetic options from other indie game characters to be added at a later date, like those from Hyper Light Drifter and Shovel Knight.

5H0aEGP.png

For those that wish to change their pledge from PC to console, however, you can only have the option to buy a brand new key for $19.99, while still retaining your Steam key.

:arrow: Source

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Honestly, yeah. I remember this being a project years ago and forgot about it. I hope it plays well.
If the beta is anything to go by, it'll be far better than Yooka-Laylee. The beta didn't have a whole lot of content, but it did show off parts of a few stages, that seemed mostly finalized and very well polished. It had some solid gameplay.
I do like the art style of Yooka-Laylee better though. The stages and characters in it are a lot more memorable.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol