a hard time with an fceultra sav to pocketnes

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by galaxykidgamma, Nov 3, 2006.

1. galaxykidgamma
    OP

Member galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    hey, i'm having a hard time using an fceultra .sav on my earthboundzero pocketnes file. i've used the g6 udisc manager to write the save into both save formats (save and rt). but everytime i start it up my file isn't there. i think it might have something to do with that blank data being caught up in the SRAM as i've had that problem before w/ nds games. i've tried the save manager on the card (i.e., default>1; 1>default, etc.) with no luck

before anyone suggests it, it is not a FW or loader issue, i have a chinese g6lite w/ the test fw just in case anyone is wondering

any help would be super appreciated, i just got my micro today and really want to get earthbound running on that super hi-res screen

edit: also i've gone in with windows and renamed my fceultra sav to a corresponding .0 file and overwritten the other .0 file, as well as delete the .1 and .2 files. also have deleted the iso files

2. galaxykidgamma
    OP

Member galaxykidgamma GBAtemp Regular

United States
    erm, from pocket heaven (pocketnes forum)

First, build a pocketnes rom containing zelda.
    Run the rom on VisualBoyAdvance.
    Tools > Memory Viewer
    Click the Load button
    Open your zelda savegame here. Type in *.sav to make it show nes save files.
    Specify address 3005000, length should say 2000
    In Pocketnes, Save a state, load that state, then quit visualboyadvance. You can now delete that savestate if you want.
    Visualboyadvance has now created a gba .sav file that contains your injected sram. Send that to your flashcart.