a guide for people that deleted their news or weather channles.

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Homayoon, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Homayoon
    OP

Newcomer Homayoon Newbie

Iran
    hi

If you had Duplicates and by accident deleted the original channel with waninkoko's duplicate remover,,,,this is a guide to restore them.

things needed:1)duplicate channel remover for the same region as your system.
    2)Duplicate channel remover from region that your system is not....like if your system is ntsc/uc get pal or ntsc/j.
    3)any game with an update in it .But make sure you get the same region as your system or might end up
    with a brick.
    so lets get Started.

1-you probably done the 2nd term on the "things needed"and deleted your channel.
    2-use the duplicate remover from term 1 "for the same region of your device" .
    3-step 2 makes the news channel and weather channel gone and all you can see in your wii menu is a white board and seeing nothing inside>its like the channel is there but nothing inside it.
    4-and for the last step you have to put the disc with the update in your device .and since it will check that no channels are availabe it will ask for you to update.even if u updated from the disc before.

Note : use at your own risk.

Good Luck

2. drfsupercenter

Member drfsupercenter Flash Cart Aficionado

United States
    Couldn't you just get a .wad and install it?

3. Homayoon
    OP

Newcomer Homayoon Newbie

Iran
    I Didn't check thought . but if the tickets are added then u can't add wads.since it will not install them , i think.

4. bloodliketheatla

Member bloodliketheatla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    It will install the wad. It just overwrites the old one.

And you don't need to do all this. A long time ago I deleted my news, weather, and photo channels (thinking it would save space...) because I had a Japanese wii and never used them. Then I changed the region from 3.2J to 3.2U after waninkoko's tool came out. The next time I put in MarioKart (NTSC, un-brickblocked) it asked to update again (like I'd never played it before.) So I went ahead and updated and it put all the channels back.

So I think any disc with an update will detect that you've deleted the tickets for these wads and re-install them...

5. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    Uh,
    Don't you just run a new game?
    I know that after I deleted Wii shop, news, and all that MKW reinstalled them when I tired to boot the game.
    Then I installed starfall and did not have to update. I don't use WC24 anyway. I have wifi, but turining it off prevent a remote system anything from Nintendo and keeps the system cooler thus prolonging its life.

6. bloodliketheatla

Member bloodliketheatla GBAtemp Regular

United States
    yeah, you just run a new game.

paul1991: what do you mean about starfall? if starfall is installed you can't use WC24 anymore? i had WC24 set up for a few weeks but never paid attention to the news and weather. i have since installed starfall and didn't notice if the WC24 stopped working...

7. paul1991

Banned paul1991 Banned

United States
    I mean I do not use WC24, so the channels are useless.