A good website to create a blog on.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As the title suggests.. I want a good blog website. No offense to GBAtemp's blog, but I just need one where I have my privacy and only shared with certain friends. So my definition of a "good" blog website is:

-no advertisements on it
-free
-comes with basic templates so I don't have to write HTML from scratch (I'm assuming all blogs have this though or else I'd pretty much be making a website..)

And there will be downloads on my blog as well, but all of that will be hosted on MegaUpload so no worries about the storage space.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Blogs seem to come in two types.

Blogs people actually read, and you can forget privacy.

Blogs no one reads, as no one is aware it exists, and it might as well be a forum that no one ever joins and posts on. Not much point worrying about privacy on something no one knows about.

If you paid anything for the blog, you will of course hopefully be able to post virtually anything you damn well want on it.
I don't mind the blog here, but really, I could be banned and then poof, there goes my blog.

I had a very nice blog on blogspot, and while I definitely recommend them as they run a very well designed blog program, the thing is, I had little ability to get it noticed, and the only ones reading it were people I know in real life, that already knew anything I ever posted on the blog. It ended up being mostly a waste of energy and time.

As for privacy, never say anything ANY where on the internet if what you said could ever come back to haunt you. There really is no real privacy on the internet. The only people you need to worry about, actually worry about, can look deep enough to see any secret you ever revealed regardless of any perceived notion of right to privacy.

Anakir

Project: Melee
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
quim69 said:
privacy? on the internet?

If you want privacy just talk to your friends.

There are things better when written down.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions. I'll try both wordpress and blogspot. The privacy content doesn't worry me that much 'cause it's nothing too deep. I prefer it online 'cause once my friends read it, I can have comments left behind without me responding to it. I just want to know my friend's opinions without expressing my own thoughts to what they say.

Thanks again.
wink.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Panzer Tacticer said:
Blogs seem to come in two types.

Blogs people actually read, and you can forget privacy.

Blogs no one reads, as no one is aware it exists, and it might as well be a forum that no one ever joins and posts on. Not much point worrying about privacy on something no one knows about.

If you paid anything for the blog, you will of course hopefully be able to post virtually anything you damn well want on it.
I don't mind the blog here, but really, I could be banned and then poof, there goes my blog.

I had a very nice blog on blogspot, and while I definitely recommend them as they run a very well designed blog program, the thing is, I had little ability to get it noticed, and the only ones reading it were people I know in real life, that already knew anything I ever posted on the blog. It ended up being mostly a waste of energy and time.

As for privacy, never say anything ANY where on the internet if what you said could ever come back to haunt you. There really is no real privacy on the internet. The only people you need to worry about, actually worry about, can look deep enough to see any secret you ever revealed regardless of any perceived notion of right to privacy.
Good thing nobody knows who I am, whatever I said here won't affect mylife
biggrin.gif

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Tumblr. Very very very simplistic interface if you need that.

You'll have to add a comments system on your own though. It's copy+paste, easy as hell to do.

Otherwise, wordpress is good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nah we have well established 401ks health insurance and paid daily