Gaming A good, reliable wireless router?

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
=D

My router has finally gave up and my only way to get on the internet is on my phone.

I need a ADSL Modem wireless router. It has to be under £50 and not be made by netgear.

Thanks.

Sir-Fritz

Trophies
XP
Country
Why don't you want one from netgear?

offtopic: whenever i use a direct link to a nintendo wifi page it always asks me for the region i live in. When i select it, it brings me to its homepage. I've checked to see if firefox is blocking cookies but its not.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Satangel said:
Oh, and if you want to go online with your DS, make sure it's supported by Nintendo.

http://www.nintendowifi.co.uk/consumerservice/routerSetup.do

I dont use my DS online.

QUOTE(Sir-Fritz @ Jul 10 2008, 12:43 PM) Why don't you want one from netgear?

offtopic: whenever i use a direct link to a nintendo wifi page it always asks me for the region i live in. When i select it, it brings me to its homepage. I've checked to see if firefox is blocking cookies but its not.

Because the last wireless router was a netgear one and i had nothing but problems with it.

wilddenim

Candy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is your ISP?

Mine's Orange and I use their LiveBox. I've been impressed by it despite some bad review. It's just hard to set up but awesome signal. My DS and Wii works on it. I hate NetGear, I couldn't get my DS to work with it. My experience aren't that high.

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wilddenim said:
What is your ISP?

Mine's Orange and I use their LiveBox. I've been impressed by it despite some bad review. It's just hard to set up but awesome signal. My DS and Wii works on it. I hate NetGear, I couldn't get my DS to work with it. My experience aren't that high.

Why does it matter on my isp?

My isp pipex homecall.

I recently bought a linksys router off amazon so we'll see it that is a reliable brand.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
which Linksys router have you got you can install a hacked firmware and turn it into a £300 router.
Tomato Firmware is a popular Linksys hacked firmware but there are many others that add different functions depending on your needs.

Edit: Renegade_R beat me too it
biggrin.gif

Prime

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'll post a update when i get the router. After a little googling Linksys seems like a good brand.
Hopefully it is simple to set up, i need xbox live back! Stupid netgear router, it breaks just on the day before bungie day.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I bought the 54G Linksys off of some of my friends (who in turn inherited it from another friend) and it works flawlessly, though it really took a while to figure out what I was doing and all. This Tomato thing looks pretty cool, but...well, would it do anything that I'd really need? I can navigate the menus in the router easily enough and as far as I know it's set up as best as I can get it.

I use it for the laptop, DS, PSP, and Wii (sometimes), it's on a 100Mbps connection, and that's really it. It's also not in use seeing how I'm not in school. =P

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use nothing but third-party firmwares on the wrt54g(L) for everything. It's the best bang for your buck by far and provides some very interesting features. One I've mentioned a few times and still actively use, the ability to use the router as a wireless ethernet bridge.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.