WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A quick couple for me:
Halo series (Wife® picked up H3 for me on a whim this past Black Friday. It was really fucking cool of her... but its not a series i enjoy. I played it for a bit, got some online play going on, and now it sits collecting dusk. Again, it was really badass of her to get it for me, though
smile.gif
)

Phoenix Wright: Wow. What a horrible series. I just don't enjoy them in the least. Wife® got one for her birthday a year ago, and i tried it, and it did not go well. I'm not a huge fan for a lot of extra story that you have to watch. And thats what PW is. You get story, you click a little, watch more story... at least thats how it feels to me. No fun.

ANY 2D game made into a 3D next gen game. Zelda, Final Fantasy, Mario, the list goes on. If it was 2d at one point, i won't like it as 3d. Plain and simple. Even if its not a remake, but a 3d sequel. Not gonna happen. I've tried, MANY times. Just no enjoyment.

Grand Theft Auto series. I *REALLY* liked GTA1, kinda liked GTA2, but when 3 happened (hey, wait... 3d again! Coincidence? I think not.) i lost interest. I'm *curious* about 4 with some of the new options... but i'm not intrigued enough to buy it. I'll wait for GameFly to get it in stock in a few months, then i'll check it with a rental
tongue.gif

Bob Evil

The Department of Home-Made Insecurity
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eternal Myst said:
You can't be too picky of what you play.

Yes, you can ... it's called taste ...

Also, not liking a game does not mean that you are bad at the game ... it means you don't like the game ... again, we are back to taste ...

No matter what you change your name to, you still manage to post without thought ...

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WildWon said:
Grand Theft Auto series. I *REALLY* liked GTA1, kinda liked GTA2, but when 3 happened (hey, wait... 3d again! Coincidence? I think not.) i lost interest. I'm *curious* about 4 with some of the new options... but i'm not intrigued enough to buy it. I'll wait for GameFly to get it in stock in a few months, then i'll check it with a rental
tongue.gif
Loved GTA 1 & 2. GTA 3 didn't like, GTA Vice City, loved it but only due to me being able to hit people off bikes. The rest, San Andreas, didn't like how it played and the theme annoyed me, seemed to lost a lot of fun too. The two on the PSP, were just ok and GTA4 only played like half an hour and meh.

D

Deleted User

OP
All of you saying Phoenix Wright is bad -

NO. YOUR OPINION IS WRONG. NO.
NO. NO. NO. GODOT. NO. NO. NO

Ahem, anyway, I didn't particularly like Phantom Hourglass. It was a good game but I didn't get the whole "awesome" factor out of it.

coops024

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
OK heres my List

Pokemon (As has been mentioned before on here) I just don't get it ? why do I got to catch them all ?

PW Series I didnt like the stories in the first one and havent bothered with the rest

Thats about it I think .. I normally like all the big name releases Mario, Zelda, Metroid, FF etc currently loving GTA IV
bow.gif

abaddon41_80

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If we are including games for other systems than my list is a lot longer. I don't think these games are bad but I don't think they are great either.

entire Zelda series
Gears of War
entire Metroid Series
Call of Duty series
Mario series

Then there is GTA which I hate.

Panzer Tacticer

veteran human
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I only refer to games as "bad" when the software just didn't work.

Those seem to be rare.

I only refer to games as "sucking" when something about the game just made it seem like it was impossible to like it.

Example, I found Command and Destroy impossible to like. It might have been great, but it sure wasn't. Maybe if they had made the game ACTUALLY like Command and Conquer (even if it didn't have the name) it might have helped.

Now as for just not liking a game because it isn't my thing. Well that won't make a game bad.

I like to smirk when I see people not liking Advance Wars
smile.gif
Of course you don't like it, you're attention starved too probably. You also likely have trouble enjoying drama movies that don't drip cgi. I think Advance Wars is great, but I don't mind that the game is just a slow paced strategy title and nothing else.

I thought the two DS Paint titles were shameless wastes of cash. Man talk about an opportunity simply thrown away. Oh well, I can fiddle with the DS homebrew called Colors for free. No one really needs to buy DS Paint.

There have been a few "brainy" games released. And all they have been is crummy copies of the real thing (Brain Age).
I guess the hardest brain challenge is in realizing once you have Brain Age, you don't need any of the other junk.
If you bought any of the other brainy titles, you get a fail score.

I don't hate the pet games (the original good ones), I DO hate all the clones though.
And just for the record, the kids know junk when they see it too.
Even a 3 year old isn't going to accept just anything.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger, Super Mario Sunshine, mostly all Final Fantasies, and most Metal Gear Solids have issues with long cutscenes (although I enjoy the game).

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't believe some of the games people say they don't like here.

Only games I don't like which are supposed to be good are:
- Generally any puzzle game, as they lack any kind of point.

- FFXII, I was a little disappointed, as it wasn't a very deep storyline, and I didn't like the ditching of the old battle system. It was still a decent game though, maybe I'll play it all the way through some day...

- Mystery Dungeon games, all you do is wander around, fight, wander some more on some randomly-generated pointless floors, fight, etc. Plus, it has rubbish graphics, no touch-screen use and lacks any sensible storyline.

- Metal Gear Solid titles I didn't enjoy much. There's something about stealth games I just don't like. Had a nice story and awesome bosses, but the timed sections and stealth sections just turned me off. Not necessarily bad, just not as good as everyone says it is.

After playing Chrono Trigger constantly today on Wii VC I have to defend it, as it's one of the best games I've played. Yeah, I guess the turn-based battles are enough to turn off some, but the story, the mechanics, the music, the ingenuity of a hub where you can beat the final boss whenever you want, and being one of the first games with moral choices and consequences makes it one of the best games ever.
Nintendogs was pretty decent, but incredibly shallow and pointless, got bored of it within a month and never played it again. Deserves at least 8 out of 10, but the majority of sites and magazines gave it 9 and upwards which is just ridiculous.

Dzan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For people that didn't like Chrono Trigger because of turn based combat, turn off wait mode and try it again playing in Active mode.

Active mode takes away the turns and after you attack puts a timer before you can attack again based on that characters speed stat. At least I think that's the stat it's tied to...i know it's tied to one of the stats. It's been awhile.

I don't mind people not liking Chrono Trigger; But it's a little irking to see people not like it because of turn based combat since you can turn it off in the options.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
It seems that most loved games, are actually the most hated games......
Games that are mentioned here are said to be (and I see them that way) the best...Mario, Pokemons, Final Fantasy, GTA, Metal Gear Solid, Chrono Trigger, Fire Emblem, Zelda.......Some of those games are biggest in game history!! And so many (in this community) people hates them..very interesting to see...

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem with TWEWY. The style is great, I like Square-Enix games well enough, music and voice acting is great, sprites are good, but the battle system is stupid. Plain and simple. I hate the battle system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show.