Hacking a good disc size

Alexrose

Untitled
Trophies
XP
Country
lolol.. some people...

Oh and btw, that burn 4x stuff is bullshit, it doesn't help a thing. Burn it as fast as your drive can burn.

Ryufushichou

I'm Not British, I'm Just Gay!
Trophies
XP
Country
Alexrose said:
lolol.. some people...

Oh and btw, that burn 4x stuff is bullshit, it doesn't help a thing. Burn it as fast as your drive can burn.

umm actually the reason you should burn at 4x is so it doesnt screw the laser in your wii. idiot.

- Karaku32

Ryufushichou

Trophies
XP
Country
mousex said:
@karaku32: Source?

Experience, i have screwed the laser in 3 wii consoles by burning at a fast speed, i have burnt all my recent backups at 4x this console has lasted me longer than any others before it. plus the wii's laser's aren't exactly the best quality (but they aren't bad) and it would be better safe than sorry as well don't you think?

- Karaku32

Spidy1000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know from experience that some games will not work on the wii when burned faster than 4x. Mario super sluggers would not run from the wii when burned @ 8x or 16x. The disc burned @ 4x worked perfectly

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
karaku32 said:
mousex said:

Experience, i have screwed the laser in 3 wii consoles by burning at a fast speed, i have burnt all my recent backups at 4x this console has lasted me longer than any others before it. plus the wii's laser's aren't exactly the best quality (but they aren't bad) and it would be better safe than sorry as well don't you think?

- Karaku32
At least give some facts before speaking out.

See those threads, as they offer a real proof and not just stories of burned lasers:
Proof that burning at 2x is teh fail
Proof that low speed burning is the fail.

Low speed burning fails. If you need low-speeds, it's because your media quality is crap.
Buy some better media, like Taiyo-Yuden or Verbatim. If that still doesn't work, it's too late, and you've already killed your Wii's laser with crappy media.

Ryufushichou

Trophies
XP
Country
raulpica said:
karaku32 said:
mousex said:

- Karaku32
At least give some facts before speaking out.

See those threads, as they offer a real proof and not just stories of burned lasers:
Proof that burning at 2x is teh fail
Proof that low speed burning is the fail.

Low speed burning fails. If you need low-speeds, it's because your media quality is crap.
Buy some better media, like Taiyo-Yuden or Verbatim. If that still doesn't work, it's too late, and you've already killed your Wii's laser with crappy media.

the only media i trust is verbatim discs, i use them for everything, i dont trust any other type of discs, the only thing i have left to blame for burned lasers is the disc speed.

- Karaku32

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1