Hacking a good disc size

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys i was crious what size of a dvd-r is a good size i have a 4.7 and its not big enough and someone please tell me a good size

mousex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are not that many sizes
tongue.gif
4,7Gb is right, just enable features like Overburning in Nero or simply use Imgburn.

D

Deleted-119707

4.7 too small? its standard. the only game you willl need dual layered discs are for super smash brothers brawl.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i tried b urning guitare hero smash hits and itt needs umm let me check 4.37 gb but when i tryied to burn it it says you need like 100 more mb and my dvd-r on the front says 4.7 but on the pc when its empty it says 4.17 free space and 200 and something used when i didnt even load anything on it i even formatted it

Posts merged

is there anything bigger in store im going to best buy tommrow to pick up a new wirless router and when there ill pick up a new batch of dics whatt do you guys recomend

Posts merged

is there anything bigger in store im going to best buy tommrow to pick up a new wirless router and when there ill pick up a new batch of dics whatt do you guys recomend

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
and i dont know how to use img burn i use write to dics then chose the iso i wanted and the write part isnt in color so i cant click it

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you said you formatted it that may be the problem try using a brand new dvd-r not a formatted dvd-rw or dvd-r and you shouldn't have a problem

dvds only come in one size 4.7 gb dual layer dvds come in only one size 9.4 gb or something like that you only need to use regular dvds unless you are going to burn off super smash bros. which is a dual layer dvd

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
4.7gb = Single Layer DVD

8.54gb = Dual Layer DVD

Most Wii games are Single Layer 4.7gb sized!

With the exception of the odd couple one that springs to mind is SUPER SMASH BROS BRAWL (due to the amount and size of videos the game contains)

Although a Single Layer 4.7gb version exists in the backup world with a video removed and relinked to another one to make it fit the standard Single Layer disk
smile.gif

edit

ifish said:
and i dont know how to use img burn i use write to dics then chose the iso i wanted and the write part isnt in color so i cant click it

did you put a blank dvd in the drive ?? It will remain greyed out or unusable until a disk is inserted
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 24 core Ryzen touchyfire quad 4090s 560hz 12k displays and such +1