Hardware A GOOD aftermarket component cable for original wii?

Cavalry_2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello all! I'm hoping you can help me on this, I want to set my wii to 480p mode but I need component cables (of course xd), so, I was looking on amazon and based on reviews I'm mostly deciding between these two:

Option N°1

Option N°2

To see if any of you have recomendations or experiences with any of these cables.. that's all, greetings!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii didn't come with component cables? :unsure:

My mom's wii had component cables, but I don't remember buying them. Both look good, but the amazon one says best seller for a reason. Of course you can always go with the HDMI cable. Is not HD still 480P, but only if you don't mind using a HDMI port on your tv.

I think all nintendo consoles before wii u can use the same video cable output.

Cavalry_2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Wii didn't come with component cables? :unsure:

My mom's wii had component cables, but I don't remember buying them. Both look good, but the amazon one says best seller for a reason. Of course you can always go with the HDMI cable. Is not HD still 480P, but only if you don't mind using a HDMI port on your tv.

I think all nintendo consoles before wii u can use the same video cable output.

Well, my wii came with the default composite cable (yellow, white and red), I would prefer component because my tv only has 2 hdmi ports and they're being used :P
I'll wait to see if other people have experience with any of the cables mentioned, still thanks!

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I have what I think they are the very same component cables of the second link (or at the very least, the look identical). I bought them years ago, and what a change from composite they were.

It's the only one component cable I have so I can't make comparisons, but compared to the Wii2HDMI that I have, they give very, very similar picture quality. I never had problems with changing resolutions on the fly, or any of those issues like screen flashing or audio crackling.

Wait for others opinions but to me, they seem to do a good job.

Other model of component cables that I saw recommended many times was the monoprice ones:
https://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=108&cp_id=10830&cs_id=1083007&p_id=5689&seq=1&format=2

But I know nothing about them... Anyway, I'll keep looking to other's opinions; as I've been thinking about getting a new cable just in case.

Reactions: Sticksandstones

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I've bought cheapest chinese cable I could find back in the day and it worked well. So I would not worry about silly stuff.

Cavalry_2010

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm still looking for opinions about the cables, because one friend of mine bought one and those, when set to 480p, look horrible, I mean, when he puts that mode, a lot of visual noise gets in the screen, and looks really bad. However in 480i it looks nice. That's why I'm looking for recomendations about these cables :P

Sticksandstones

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using the same Monoprice brand of S-Video cables (My CRT lacks component) for years, and I love 'em. They're cheap, seemingly well-built, and they haven't screwed up on me yet after the countless times I've brought my Wii to friends' houses. I love 'em.

TyroKith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the research I did when I purchased my Sony Trinitron a couple of years ago, good Wii component cables are a dime a dozen. Any of the cheap ($5-10) well-reviewed cables on Amazon should suffice. That's what I did after determining it was a safe option. It works perfectly and the quality of the cord is great.

Yeah, the gaming community was tossed a bone on this one. Compared to finding good s-video cables for the N64 or a GameCube component cable, dropping $10 on Amazon for competent third party goods isn't bad at all.

Reactions: Sticksandstones

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr