A girl gaming machine??

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
As you all know, video-games have been around for a loong loong time, a lot longer than I have really
tongue.gif
. And the majority of the players so far have been male (for whatever reason but that's not what this thread is about). Anyways, I brought my ds to school about a month ago, and a couple of my classmates tried it out, playing only ouendan. Well, now about a month later three of them have already decided to buy a ds! This came as quite a shock to me since they only played one game.
When I was at my friends place once his girlfiend was there with us and tried out my ds. She played games like, brain age, yoshis island etc. and later forced my friend to buy one
rofl2.gif

My two younger sisters play on my ds all the time and I find myself arguing with them just to be able to play on my own ds! xD

Point is, this made me realize that the ds really was "girl friendly" and if it continues we might in the near future (hopefully) have a lot more girl gamers. Personally, I think that would be great (not only for the obvious reasons
laugh.gif
) but also I think that if the gamers change, so will the games. Since the demmand will be different, the game-makers will be forced forced to follow the demmand of it's new gamers, girls. This could lead to a whole new approach to gaming and game experience, the possibilities are endless!
happy.gif

So I'd like to salute the nintendo ds for accomplishing something that few or maybe no other gaming console has ever done before it, making girl's gamers!!
rofl2.gif
HURRA FOR THE DS!
grog.gif

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have always liked games since before I can remember, my parents programed them into me XD they have a picture of me, when I was so young that I cant remember now, holding the duck hunt light gun and "playing" duck hunt o_o;; I dont know how good I was, but I did it XD

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Girls like games as much as guys do, its just that some don't do it to avoid being "labeled"(One excuse I get often) or don't do it in public/tell people they do it.

Its like drugs.

Digeman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Girls like games as much as guys do, its just that some don't do it to avoid being "labeled"(One excuse I get often) or don't do it in public/tell people they do it.

Its like drugs.

I suppose you're kinda right (although comparing it to drugs might be a little drastic
rofl2.gif
) But the difference with the ds is that I've been seeing a lot of girls playing ds "openly"
tongue.gif
Might not only be because it's cool looking, got fun games in allmost all categories, simple touch screen controlls etc. but it might also be because it is becoming more common these days, the general public accepts it, and it allows more girls to try, it or atleast like...."come out of the closet" so to speak
tongue.gif
I can't really know for sure so a little inside info would be great
laugh.gif
(talking to all the gaming girls out there
nyanya.gif
)

oh yeah. get your sisters their own DS >:O

Sadly they wouldn't agree to buying one for themselves since they can steal mine all the time
frown.gif

Edit: and sadly I don't have the cash to buy them one
rofl2.gif

Switchy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I used to play Counterstrike, Day of Defeat and Team Fortress when they first came out.
I never came across another girl and the boys were always surprised when they found out I'm a girl. Then they started laughing at the ones who couldn't beat me
laugh.gif

RayorDragonFall

I see you've played knifey-spoony before.
Trophies
XP
Country
I never came across another girl and the boys were always surprised when they found out I'm a girl. Then they started laughing at the ones who couldn't beat me
laugh.gif

SO true. I mean, 90% of my chars in video games are guys, why? So I don't get hassle about it. I don't like being underestimated. Also, I don't tend to tell people I don't know that I love video games, it wouldn't be the first time girly girls would look at me like if I were a tomboy nerd and boys would look at me like if I were a freak or some undercover transsexual weirdo.

Pigwooly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So the legends are true!

I have tons of female friends, but only one in the hundreds of girls I've met in my life is more than just vaguely interested in videogames. I can get many of them to play wii sports or a classic game of space invaders, but that's about it and their interests tend to trail off after about 10 minutes.

My friends and I are all in our mid 20's and it sounds like younger generations of players are attracting a lot more women. I welcome all female gamers and I see no reason why wanting to have fun fun should be guy specific in any way.

Viva la revolution!

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
My girlfriend is playing Zelda PH on her DS while I'm playing something on 360. Her friend recently got a white NDSL too.
On the other hand, another friend of hers is buying a PS3 40GB, she already has modded PS2 but no Nintendo console/handhelds.

The gamers around me are half guys, half girls. And as far as DS goes, girls dominate. My girlfriend has more games on her cart than I do O.o And it's pretty easy to see girl students playing DS in public.

leetdude_007

Official GBAtemp Assassin That Has Never Killed An
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I never saw "video-gaming" as a male pastime when I was growing up. Only during the start of the PS2 generation when I started noticing the distinction. Nintendo is the great uniter, not a divider. lol axis of evil ftw.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are pros and cons to going with girl gamers.

On the one hand, you will have something in common with them. On the other hand, it tends to cut into the guy's gaming time and/or sanity.
Instead of hearing, "Honey, when are you coming to bed? I'm not staying up all night." (at which point you immediately kill the game and go get some) you will hear, "Honey, you've been playing for hours, it's my turn. Gimme the controller and put in that FPS (Flower Picking Sim) I like."

Like I said, pros and cons. While the concept of a gaming girlfriend sounds like a dream come true, it can be a real pain in the butt too. Many of the girl gamers I know tend to like some really crappy games as far as guys are concerned. That's where the sanity issues come in.

And if any girl gamers are reading this, I was just kidding about that "crappy games" and "Flower Picking Sim" stuff......yeah, that's it, I was just kidding....yeah, sure.
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night