A Gift for My Girlfriend?

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
TwinRetro said:
monkat said:
TwinRetro said:
The best valentine's day gift isn't bought.

Rent a good movie, make her dinner (Don't say you don't know how to cook. You can follow a simple recipe, right?) Have some strawberries ready for dessert, and she'll be eating out of your hand for the rest of the night.
Movie Rental: ~$5-10.
Ingredients: ~$5-10+.
Gas/Power for cooking / watching: (depends highly on area but you get my point)

The only thing you can do for her that isn't bought is to ... make a figure out of sticks?

Okay, let me rephrase that. The best gift isn't a cheap meaningless trinket.

Sorry we all can't be load with dough like you.

Trinket? Please... That is a meaningful thought out gift, especially if the right pictures are inside.

No it's not...

No valentine's day gift is...

You're just running through the motions.

r3gR3t

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:

Rent a good movie, make her dinner (Don't say you don't know how to cook. You can follow a simple recipe, right?) Have some strawberries ready for dessert, and she'll be eating out of your hand for the rest of the night.

Hmm... she'd prefer for us to go to the movie theather instead of renting the movie.
I DO know how to cook, thanks.
And I have strawberries...
pretty neat idea tough :writes it down for future events: thanks
yay.gif

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
431unknown said:
TwinRetro said:
monkat said:
TwinRetro said:

The only thing you can do for her that isn't bought is to ... make a figure out of sticks?

Trinket? Please... That is a meaningful thought out gift, especially if the right pictures are inside.

"load with dough"? please. I'm below middle class as it is, and I can still afford to save up for a dinner and a movie. He asked for advice and I gave him some. get off my jock.

r3gR3t

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Stop arguing guys...
Thanks for helping out
biggrin.gif

The movies: she'd prefer to go to the theather
The Locket: Awesome idea
yay.gif

Cooking: could be, she said she wanted to try my food, so I'll see how I can give it a go
yay.gif

The poem: could work, I think I can come up with one, I'm good at writting stuff
yay.gif

tongue.gif

Hey Monkat, what would you suggest??

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
431unknown said:
TwinRetro said:
monkat said:
TwinRetro said:

"load with dough"? please. I'm below middle class as it is, and I can still afford to save up for a dinner and a movie. He asked for advice and I gave him some. get off my jock.
I meant loaded... so your below middle class and your saying the best you can save up for is a dinner and a movie? not on your jock. nor would i want to be.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
r3gR3t said:

You want me to tell you what your girlfriend would like?

I don't know her, man! I don't even know how deep your relationship goes!

No matter what you do, though, you have to make it special. If you always rent movies, and you always cook for her, or you always write poems or get her shiny things, then she won't care.

Remember, also, that the idea isn't to get her something that she would enjoy, like say Christmas or her birthday, but to do something that will create a lasting memory.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
431unknown said:
I meant loaded... so your below middle class and your saying the best you can save up for is a dinner and a movie? not on your jock. nor would i want to be.
Where did I say that's the best I could save up for? Anyone can save up for anything with enough careful planning, it's just a matter of how long it takes. You're just making an ass out of yourself at this point, so I would suggest you stop while you're ahead.

431unknown

VR Gaming Enthusiast
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
mad.gif

I'm pissed you didn't say picture of your nipples.
rolleyes.gif

TwinRetro said:
431unknown said:
Where did I say that's the best I could save up for? Anyone can save up for anything with enough careful planning, it's just a matter of how long it takes. You're just making an ass out of yourself at this point, so I would suggest you stop while you're ahead.

How the hell am i making an ass of myself? I made a suggetion and as per usually on here someone has to bash, and flame.
if I took my wife out to dinner and a movie on valentines day I would be in the dog house all year.
Tell me how many brain cells you spent thinking up that idea?

Atleast with the locket idea he can take it and actually put some thought into it on his own and make it special, which btw is what he was aking for if you read anything before you posted.

I'll give you this though making dinner for her himself is a good idea.

If you took offense to my question thats your problem not mine. Btw thats all it was... a question.

r3gR3t

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
r3gR3t said:

You want me to tell you what your girlfriend would like?

I don't know her, man! I don't even know how deep your relationship goes!

No matter what you do, though, you have to make it special. If you always rent movies, and you always cook for her, or you always write poems or get her shiny things, then she won't care.

Remember, also, that the idea isn't to get her something that she would enjoy, like say Christmas or her birthday, but to do something that will create a lasting memory.

Lol xD, sorry, I didn't mean it like that, it's just that your comments usually are funny
tongue.gif

But back on topic, you're right there, I want to give her something that she'll treasure. Not plannig on always poems or always the same thing on that sort, I find monotomy really boring myself, so why wolud I??

Thanks everyone
yay.gif

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
1. Chinese Food (can you buy that, right?)
2. A bit of Wii gameplay, then go out for cinema (some days tickets here´n chile are quite cheap), if you`ve got access to, you could go on in train or go to a different, yet special place to spent more time (no, not that sort of places, I mean, like the place you met, or so)

r3gR3t

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Coto said:
1. Chinese Food (can you buy that, right?)
2. A bit of Wii gameplay, then go out for cinema (some days tickets here´n chile are quite cheap), if you`ve got access to, you could go on in train or go to a different, yet special place to spent more time (no, not that sort of places, I mean, like the place you met, or so)

She doesn't like chinese food.
The second idea's not bad, tho 'cept that we met at her house, she's a school friend's sister
tongue.gif

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1