A geood DS Lite touch screen replacement

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by thrallking, Jul 20, 2008.

Jul 20, 2008
  1. thrallking
    OP

Newcomer thrallking Member

United States
    Okay, so I got a replacement screen and it is not exactly that good. The ribbon was a little wide, but once I took care of that there was no problem. Unfortunately, the ribbeon slipped out of the connector and when I replaced it the connections in the ribbon seem to have broken. Fortunately the exchange policy from the seller means I can return it for a refund (and if they won't let me I will tell paypal and get my money back).

So does anyone know where I can get a better quality one? I would gladly use an official one if I could find it at a good price.

2. QuadCore

Newcomer QuadCore Newbie

United States
    i dont think that they have official one
    unless you go to nintendo

but dx sells them for about 3-4 dollars

3. thrallking
    OP

United States
    Sadly this is the same model that is for sale on DX.

4. QuadCore

Newcomer QuadCore Newbie

United States
    well just buy a another touch screen
    they aint that expensive

5. thrallking
    OP

United States
    Yeah, but the ribbon on the screen is crap and they are not that responsive. I would rather pay a little more for a better quality screen than hope that the ribbon won't screw up while I am trying to install it.

6. Ceasama

Newcomer Ceasama Member

New Zealand
    Bumping this here dead thread because I would also like to know if there are any good quality replacement touch screens floating around online. The ones from dealextreme seem to be pretty hit and miss.

Has anyone bought a replacement touch screen with good response? My DS Lite has touch screen accuracy issues on the right side, but I don't want to go fixing one minor fault only to find significant sensitivity loss.

Thanks in advance.