Hacking A Gateway Update (offline) 2DS users Voting Poll

A Gateway Update (which is offline) geared towards 2DS users (and old 3DS), but mainly 2DS,

• Total voters

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hay everyone,
i was thinking of making a pol to vote for 2DS users to see how many people use 2DS and would strongly like/want a Much needed Gateway 2DS Update that is offline,

as gw has been releasing updates lately for new 3ds mainly but did have some minor support for old3ds/2ds
Gateway Ultra Beta 3.2 => Emunand Support to 9.7.

here all 2ds users and old 3ds users too, because an update for old 3DS users means 2DS users get the same update as old too, (since the 2DS IS an 3DS engine based system in core without 3D at least)
can vote for what offline method they would like to see gw team implement in their next/futre gw update (3.2.2+/3.3/3.4 etc)

when alot of 2ds users have voted on an offline mode that they want for 2ds, then i will email gw team with a link to this page and left them know that we are interested in them making a gw update for 2DS users + O3DS that is Offline!

i placed my vote for the update
+1 for gw exploit that allows ds profile to run on newer fw like 7.x -9.x sysnand

2DSGamerdude

Reactions: Margen67

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Why is the 3DS-X Loader smartphone app so underrated ? It literally does what you want, launch the exploit offline.

Obviously I don't mind if they make another way, but I'm pretty sure they're quiet busy with the N3DS updates, because there's still a lot of work that needs to be done (like cracking the new encryption).

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
not that i own a 2DS, but i guess they really should add the downgraded MSET method for o3DS/2DS users, if not for their 2DS users, but fr their own inbox's sake, even if it was a half hearted port i.e only works for 9.0-9.2 systems, then its down to the end user to get to that firmware version if it means enough to them same as n3DS users need to buy a game to get their exploit up and running rather than having to port their exploit to everything from 5.x-9.2

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not that i own a 2DS, but i guess they really should add the downgraded MSET method for o3DS/2DS users, if not for their 2DS users, but fr their own inbox's sake, even if it was a half hearted port i.e only works for 9.0-9.2 systems, then its down to the end user to get to that firmware version if it means enough to them same as n3DS users need to buy a game to get their exploit up and running rather than having to port their exploit to everything from 5.x-9.2

It would make things simpler if they did, no doubt, but who knows what Team GW thinks.

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

julian20

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why is the 3DS-X Loader smartphone app so underrated ? It literally does what you want, launch the exploit offline.

Obviously I don't mind if they make another way, but I'm pretty sure they're quiet busy with the N3DS updates, because there's still a lot of work that needs to be done (like cracking the new encryption).

I use the App. BUT.
I want using my app and ..... my smartphone hasnt any power more.... I cant play on my 2ds.

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I use the App. BUT.
I want using my app and ..... my smartphone hasnt any power more.... I cant play on my 2ds.

Then make sure it doesn't...if you're going on a trip get a charger...

If your 3DS'S battery runs out you won't be able to use it too, pretty sure you find a solution for that.

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Then make sure it doesn't...if you're going on a trip get a charger...

If your 3DS'S battery runs out you won't be able to use it too, pretty sure you find a solution for that.

People with no phone or jailbroken iDevice?

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do you think gateway is going to get the ds profile exploit to work on 5.0.0+ firmwares? Nintendo patched it, it's just not available in higher firmwares.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
How do you think gateway is going to get the ds profile exploit to work on 5.0.0+ firmwares? Nintendo patched it, it's just not available in higher firmwares.
........yeah, erm read up on the n3DS methods.....which involves downgrading MSET (the system settings app) to re-enable the exploit even on the n3DS which never even used the 4.x MSET app

Ra1d

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
People with no phone or jailbroken iDevice?

Sleep mode ? Or use your iDevice as a hotspot ? No internet ? Surely someone in your "gang" that you're going on a trip with has internet that you could use for less than a minute.
At the very least you could downgrade your console to 4.x. if there's absolutely no other choice.

I don't want to sound like I'm against this, I don't care literally, and If Gateway has the time by all means I vote for the MSET downgrade option, however I don't see this being so problematic as some people make it sound :P

JustPingo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sleep mode ? Or use your iDevice as a hotspot ? No internet ? Surely someone in your "gang" that you're going on a trip with has internet that you could use for less than a minute.
At the very least you could downgrade your console to 4.x. if there's absolutely no other choice.

I don't want to sound like I'm against this, I don't care literally, and If Gateway has the time by all means I vote for the MSET downgrade option, however I don't see this being so problematic as some people make it sound :P

The point is you can't downgrade a 2DS lol
I faced those problems before I could downgrade my O3DS tho. I guess I'm not the only one.

Random Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I have 2 android phones and this app doesn't work on either

Gateway really needs to spend some time to make us 2ds owners happy.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't use any of the apps, (all don't work on my phone anyway)
If i don't have WiFi, i just use my phone as AP to get internet access on my 3DS to boot into GW and then turn AP off again, works always.
My GW enabled 3DS is on sysnand 9.2 and emunand 9.7, i had it downgraded to 4.5, but besideds the mset exploit i don't see any benefits that i use (xorpads, etc...) so i stick on 9.2, saves me alot of troubles for saves on my real carts

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
this is great, guys!
keep voting and let's try and get one of the choices in the voting poll to 100%.

when one of the choices in the voting poll goes to 100%
i will then send gw an email with this page link and letting them know that we are interested in a gw update 2DS.

pseudov

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's impossible for one of them to reach 100%, given that more than one choice has received a vote. Although those percentages look off, probably due to the multiple vote option.

Nonetheless, I voted for Cubic Ninja method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: uoiea