a gamertag question

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ZenZero, Dec 21, 2009.

1. ZenZero
    OP

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    ok, so im gettin a 360 on friday (xmas day), with MW2 and Forza 3.

now, i wish to be able to play both of the games offline for a couple of days so i can get good at them, before playing online. thus - i do not wish to waste two days of the free live - and will most likely plug the 36 into my router and setup live on the 27th,

my question is - when i first get the 360 on christmas day, i will probably put in a generic name (most likely my first name) as the profile name - which will obviously be taken as a gamertag., when i then connect to live - thus having to enter a gamertag, will i have to create a new profile - or will i just add the GT to the existing profile?

i wish to know this as i do not want to make progress in my games and then have to lose them when creating a new profile.

TY in advance,

Zenzero

2. Teny

Teny GBAtemp Regular

Aug 29, 2009
    United States
    When you create an Live account, and your current one is taken, you will have to enter in a new one that is not taken and you will keep all your achievements and stuff. Just sign into your offline account, and choose the create Live account. If it's a new console, your first 3 accounts should get 1 month free as a trial. Be careful what you choose though, if you want to change your gamertag later on, it will cost 800 MS points ($10 USD)

3. ZenZero
    OP

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    kk, thanks

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice