Gaming A Game Boy Advance 1:1 clone with extras.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For K101, it is still not available. I am sorry that I can not tell you more details on its exact releasing day as the manufacture is trying their best to test it these days. We will release it until it really meet our demand. Remember we are making products more like a gamer not a seller!

One thing I can tell you is that K101 did have a very good game compatibility. Take this game" Rhythm Tengoku" for example, It runs very very good on K101.( I love this game so much!)- Is there any body know this game or love it? You can try this games on other emulator handhelds or flash card. I think most of them can not run it very fruently.

Rhythm Tengoku is a japanese only game isn't it?
It is. My signature links to a translation project for it.

Reactions: kotaku.com

pixelelated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think people here who love GBA SP will feel it hard to forget its design. I think that is the meaning which the manufacture need to make K1 the same designs with the original GBA. But now it is hard to get the original GBA.
I did love the GBA SP form factor. Ruilong, why doesn't the manufacturer release an updated version with a headphone port, USB charger, and RTC while keeping it the same design?

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
I think people here who love GBA SP will feel it hard to forget its design. I think that is the meaning which the manufacture need to make K1 the same designs with the original GBA. But now it is hard to get the original GBA.
I did love the GBA SP form factor. Ruilong, why doesn't the manufacturer release an updated version with a headphone port, USB charger, and RTC while keeping it the same design?

Probably because of the cost. Using a 1:1 GBA SP shell is cheap, they're already in heavy production and cost less than $1 per piece. Once you start modifying the casing to incorporate different connectors then you drive the cost up dramatically. The case they chose for the K101 is probably something that was already in production, so the cost of developing and testing molds is non-existant.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
its not a 1:1 shell whilst it is very close to a stock ninty one its not an 100% identical clone, It could however be a generic "clone" shell that's used for other clones.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its not a 1:1 shell whilst it is very close to a stock ninty one its not an 100% identical clone, It could however be a generic "clone" shell that's used for other clones.
I understand you.

For K101, it used the case from Gemei A330. You can said K101 is cloning Gemei A330. But it is not 100% clone like you said. The manufacture had added some thing that Gemei A330 and Original GBA SP do not have. For example, you can find the color is black in the middle "round case" on K101. At the same time, the d-pad, buttons are not the same but with a soft hand feeling.

Why the manufacture will not keep the same design like the original GBA SP but use the Gemei A330's case? I think it is for a better control experience on playing GBA games. You got a wider control board( the case of Gemei A330 is wider than the original GBA). At the same time, the design of the d-pad and buttons are more suitable for gamers like you guys to play games. In one word, it is to improve the gaming experience while using such design.

For K1, it is for gamers who are keen on the original GBA's design. I know some one here who can not forget the original GBA. And now they have two choices for GBA!

Why the currently K1 not adding the RCT? Because the space inside the mother board is limited, the manufacture can not find enough space to install this chip. Why not headphone port in K1? Because K1 use the design from the original GBA SP.

Currently, we are now collecting you guys' idea on giving a good name for K101- the folded K1 here: http://obscurehandhelds.wordpress.com/2012/08/13/the-k101-needs-an-identity-wants-to-be-more-than-just-a-number/

We need your inspiration!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I understand you.

For K101, it used the case from Gemei A330. You can said K101 is cloning Gemei A330. But it is not 100% clone like you said. The manufacture had added some thing that Gemei A330 and Original GBA SP do not have. For example, you can find the color is black in the middle "round case" on K101. At the same time, the d-pad, buttons are not the same but with a soft hand feeling.

Why the manufacture will not keep the same design like the original GBA SP but use the Gemei A330's case? I think it is for a better control experience on playing GBA games. You got a wider control board( the case of Gemei A330 is wider than the original GBA). At the same time, the design of the d-pad and buttons are more suitable for gamers like you guys to play games. In one word, it is to improve the gaming experience while using such design.

For K1, it is for gamers who are keen on the original GBA's design. I know some one here who can not forget the original GBA. And now they have two choices for GBA!

Why the currently K1 not adding the RCT? Because the space inside the mother board is limited, the manufacture can not find enough space to install this chip. Why not headphone port in K1? Because K1 use the design from the original GBA SP.

Currently, we are now collecting you guys' idea on giving a good name for K101- the folded K1 here: http://obscurehandhe...-just-a-number/

We need your inspiration!

I was referring to the k1's shell not being an exact 1:1 clone of an SP one, as a reply to the one above my last post and that shells for an official GBA SP may not be interchangeable.
It would be interesting to know if the k1's shell is used for other devices like the GBA SP with 92 built in games, The SP clone with SD or the GAMEBOX Advance etc

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Received my K1GBA today, so far I'm very happy indeed.
It plays all the Real carts I own and every game I've thrown at it from MicroSD.

POSITIVES:

Looks amazing.
Sounds great.
Screen quality is fantastic.
Menu works well.

NEGATIVES:

Buttons do require harder pressing than a normal GBA, going to mod it soon to fix pressure. (Place pads under the controls)

MISCELLANEOUS:

Mine had a sound issue where if I apply pressure to the system the sound worked, when I didn't the sound went away. I fixed this by opening the system and bending the speaker prongs a little further so they touched the connectors better.
The sound is now perfect.

Mine also had dust behind the screen that was annoying, again I opened the top screen (Simple) and wiped it down, fixed, screen is now perfect.

The K1gba.com site also forgot my SD card I ordered with it, however a very quick reply to my email and it's on it's way, so I guess that's fine.

OVERALL:

8.5/10

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Received my K1GBA today, so far I'm very happy indeed.
It plays all the Real carts I own and every game I've thrown at it from MicroSD.

POSITIVES:

Looks amazing.
Sounds great.
Screen quality is fantastic.
Menu works well.

NEGATIVES:

Buttons do require harder pressing than a normal GBA, going to mod it soon to fix pressure. (Place pads under the controls)

MISCELLANEOUS:

Mine had a sound issue where if I apply pressure to the system the sound worked, when I didn't the sound went away. I fixed this by opening the system and bending the speaker prongs a little further so they touched the connectors better.

Mine also had dust behind the screen that was annoying, again I opened the top screen (Simple) and wiped it down, fixed, screen is now perfect.

The K1gba.com site also forgot my SD card I ordered with it, however a very quick reply to my email and it's on it's way, so I guess that's fine.

OVERALL:

8.5/10
How many Mario games have you loaded up on it yet?? :P

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, we are now finding pads used under the controls to make the d-pad used more conveniently. This pad is the same as what you used on PSP. But you can stick this pad to the K1's Pad and try it. I had tried one and it does work better.

pixelelated

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently, we are now finding pads used under the controls to make the d-pad used more conveniently. This pad is the same as what you used on PSP. But you can stick this pad to the K1's Pad and try it. I had tried one and it does work better.
Are there any plans by the K1 team to release a new version with these pads under the d-pad?

MISCELLANEOUS:

These definitely would be negatives to me, but I can be a pretty harsh critic. I hope that K1 fixes these quality control issues before the K101 is released.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the pads on K1, I think we will assemble it by hand after we find a suitable pad. I think it will make your thumbs more comfortable for playing on K1.

I will let you guys know after we restock this pad.

cdoty

Trophies
Website
www.rastersoft.net
XP
Country
United States
When do we get one of these?: http://www.bureauvoorgamers.nl/?p=5492
toppict.jpg

Although, I would want Slot 1 accessible instead of Slot 2. There should be enough DS homebrew that truely uses only the bottom screen.

Anyone had any experience with Chinese DSes? Are the ones, shown on YouTube, official hardware with new cases, or are they cloned hardware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Also nice. Never really watched Fallout on Prime, but sounds like a good show. +1