Gaming A Game Boy Advance 1:1 clone with extras.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing pokemon red and leaf green at the moment - the game is playing perfect.
But, its got no in built battery - obviously. So it says "internal battery has run dry" when you turn a Pokemon game on.
That absolutely sucks! No Gameboy/Gameboy Color hardware, weak battery, no Real Time clock, AND hard buttons. I'm regretting buying this thing. I wonder if I could cancel my order. I'm off to see if I can. Thank you so much for the information rockinreject!

Reactions: kotaku.com

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm playing pokemon red and leaf green at the moment - the game is playing perfect.
But, its got no in built battery - obviously. So it says "internal battery has run dry" when you turn a Pokemon game on.
That absolutely sucks! No Gameboy/Gameboy Color hardware, no Real Time clock, AND hard buttons. I'm regretting buying this thing. I wonder if I could cancel my order. I'm off to see if I can. Thank you so much for the information rockinreject!
If you can't cancel your order let me know and I may buy it from you.

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That absolutely sucks! No Gameboy/Gameboy Color hardware, no Real Time clock, AND hard buttons. I'm regretting buying this thing. I wonder if I could cancel my order. I'm off to see if I can. Thank you so much for the information rockinreject!

If the hardwares a problem, that means you must have loads of old gameboy/gameboy color games that you want to play? - If you've loadsa games, why wouldn't you have the one gba game that needs a battery to work? :P Its just one game. So I don't see the big deal...
http://gbatemp.net/topic/323667-pokemon-ruby-sapphire-clock-other-patches/page__p__4178571__hl__+pokemon%20+time%20+patch__fromsearch__1#entry4178571 Theres the patch I was talking about. You can go to any poke centre and change the time. So even as is, its completely playable.
Either way I hope you get to cancel your order if thats what you want to!

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the work-arounds seem realistic enough really. Besides, you have native rom support for GB/GBC roms on the K-Kart so you shouldn't have issues that your cart won't work, you can still play the game on fairly authentic hardware.. And the patches for the pokemon are really good as long as you take the time to just change the clocks.

I'm keeping an eye out for this just to add to the collection. One thing I wonder though, in terms of the physical casing of the device, does it look like an obvious clone or is it a decent quality case? Also, are there multiple colours available if you request one?

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah the work-arounds seem realistic enough really. Besides, you have native rom support for GB/GBC roms on the K-Kart so you shouldn't have issues that your cart won't work, you can still play the game on fairly authentic hardware.. And the patches for the pokemon are really good as long as you take the time to just change the clocks.

I'm keeping an eye out for this just to add to the collection. One thing I wonder though, in terms of the physical casing of the device, does it look like an obvious clone or is it a decent quality case? Also, are there multiple colours available if you request one?

Or you could get the actual game!

Yeah, it seems like its the genuine casing alright! And I requested blue and got blue, someone else here did the same with black? and got black... So yeah, just specify what colour in the comments box when ordering.

Its reinventing the console for me, I'm hosting a firered / leaf green tournament with loads of my friends as well as reliving all those classics - advance wars and the likes!

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Yeah, it seems like its the genuine casing alright! And I requested blue and got blue, someone else here did the same with black? and got black... So yeah, just specify what colour in the comments box when ordering.

Its reinventing the console for me, I'm hosting a firered / leaf green tournament with loads of my friends as well as reliving all those classics - advance wars and the likes!
The tourny sounds like a good time. Out of all the clones I have seen this one does seem above and beyond the rest. I'm really interested in this comment, "K Team is working with manufacturers to come out new model and new form factor." I was hoping the new case design maybe similar to a micro but with a slightly larger screen.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The tourny sounds like a good time. Out of all the clones I have seen this one does seem above and beyond the rest. I'm really interested in this comment, "K Team is working with manufacturers to come out new model and new form factor." I was hoping the new case design maybe similar to a micro but with a slightly larger screen.

From what I have read on Obscure Handhelds and a post that I found on some Chinese forums by Maxzhou88, there is a new cased version in the works which resembles the GB Micro/Dingoo. Here is the Obscure Handhelds post: http://obscurehandhelds.wordpress.com/2012/01/31/what-do-we-have-here/

Basically the K-Team provide the boards and stuff, but other parties make the casing. So I don't know who actually designed the SP clone one, but apparently Maxzhou88 is the brain behind the newer look. Personally I prefer the SP look on this just since I don't really care from the dingoo. I do love my GBM but that's another story for another time ;)

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the double post, but I just watched his video again - You press L+R together while playing a nes game. go to link transfer, wait for it to transfer. Then set the second gameboy to link p2, then do that with the first gameboy and they pair up. It works, I just tried. But it depends on how well the nes game works to begin with!! :P

Very interesting though :)
That's been a standard PocketNES feature for many versions. Note that for games that are too large to be transferred via the link cable, you can do what's known as "dummy linking" where you send over a game that *is* small enough and then simply both look at the first GBA when playing, ignoring anything happening on the second GBA. The button presses are still transmitted via the link cable.

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's been a standard PocketNES feature for many versions. Note that for games that are too large to be transferred via the link cable, you can do what's known as "dummy linking" where you send over a game that *is* small enough and then simply both look at the first GBA when playing, ignoring anything happening on the second GBA. The button presses are still transmitted via the link cable.

Yeah thanks for that! Gonna have to give it a try now :)

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That absolutely sucks! No Gameboy/Gameboy Color hardware, weak battery, no Real Time clock, AND hard buttons. I'm regretting buying this thing. I wonder if I could cancel my order. I'm off to see if I can. Thank you so much for the information rockinreject!

Yeah, well I've gotten some more time, so I could finally start playing Sapphire. I deleted the save I had and started again - no battery warning or anything like that - But after a good half an hour playing I went back to check the clock and it was exactly where I set it. No movement at all. Just thought I'd give you a bit of an update. I'll play some more, and come back to it this evening. But I'm guessing it'll still be on 6 minutes past 2!

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Waiting for mine to arrive in the mean time I've been digging round to see what I can find on it.

It seems TV-out isn't standard but may be included on a later revision maxzhouh88 did a hardware mod (DIY cable) this would explain the lack of cable from taobao, It would be nice to know how to hack this together theres a link to at the bottom of the item description on taobao :- TV-out DIY but no no images display (atleast for me).

And some PCB shots http://hi.baidu.com/...9fa61e1211.html

maxzhou88 / K-team seem to have done a fantastic job with this product taking GBA to the next level

Edit:

Images working for me now just need to find a cable (GBA end)

maxzhou88 can we use a female usb wired to 2 rca with the existing power rather than butcher the cable / Is the USB power cable fully wired?

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I finally started playing Pokemon Sapphire. I deleted the save I had and started again (no battery warning or anything like that). After a half an hour of playing, I went back to check the clock, and it was exactly where I set it (No movement at all). I'll play some more, but I'm guessing it'll still be at 6 minutes past 2 where I set it initially!
Thank you for the update. Thank goodness Xmarks, or whatever they're called, gave me a refund. I'm going to wait until Pokemon games are hardware supported, and a new system design is implemented. If maxzhou88 wants to get this system on Deal Xtreme, he needs to do what other clones wont. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters