1. h8uthemost

h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Anyone in the US order one from this taobao? Wondering how long it took to arrive...

kotaku.com likes this.
  2. HamburgerBandit

HamburgerBandit Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    My friend wants to buy a GBA but I might mention this device to him instead. It seems like a better option.

I can't tell from the pics but it this thing using the "new brighter screen" found on later model GBA SP?

kotaku.com likes this.
  3. elgarta

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    From what I can tell it is a backlit screen, just like the old k-team clone which is in an original GBA shell. What I am curious about is whether this thing would run a GBC flash cart, since it is essentially a clone of the original hardware

kotaku.com likes this.
  4. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

No, It just runs gba games, apparently they omitted the hardware needed for the gb and gbc games so I don't think that your flash cart would work. You can still play all the old games via emulators on it though.

kotaku.com likes this.
  5. elgarta

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Hmm is that so? Never saw that part anywhere. I don't have a flash cart for the GBC since my EZ-IV can emulate them but I was just curious. I guess my question would have also worked if I'd asked about original GB/GBC carts >.>;;

kotaku.com likes this.
  6. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

I could be Wrong but heres where i read it from... http://obscurehandhelds.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/the-gba-is-dead-long-live-the-gba/

"K Team Says:
    December 12, 2011 at 1:15 am
    As explained earlier, the GB & GBC cartridge was omitted at early stage of the development since we thought most of the GB & GBC game titles have their GBA resembled. But you can still play GB & GBC ROMs using the built-in emulators. Sorry about that, maybe in next version. We hope young kids can get the same thrill as we did before. For older men/women, this is just another journey to remember. For the team, we kind of enjoyed the fun developing this stuff. But trust me, it’s really tough to achieve what you have seen now. We believe it’s the one and only and there probably won’t be another.. We hope manufacturers can come out more models using this solution. You can voice your request to DX or other web stores you used to shop. Let them know you don’t want those emulators, you just want the Hardware version, the K Solution."

kotaku.com and elgarta like this.
  7. elgarta

elgarta GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Well that covers it, I read their newer posts on there in regards to updates and bugfixes, but must've skipped that one. Still, it doesn't exactly make this GBA clone unattractive. It says you can play roms using the 'built-in emulators', and obscurehandhelds states there are a few emulators on there which are 'experimental' :)

I wouldn't want to play SNES on this, but if it plays GBC/GB roms without any problems then that is good.

kotaku.com likes this.
  8. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

Well mines on the way - although shipping will probably take forever as usual! ...But when I get it, I can test any game you want! Only a few gb/gbc games that interest me...

kotaku.com and elgarta like this.
  9. Toni Plutonij

Toni Plutonij *has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
    Former Staff

Croatia
    I'm very interested to hear so more in-hand thoughts, thinking about getting this one, I especially like the video out feature!

kotaku.com likes this.
  10. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

So yeah, its here! ...Any games anyone wants me to test out for them?

kotaku.com likes this.
  11. KazoWAR

KazoWAR GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    If you can, could you test Pokemon R/S/FR/LG/E linking to Pokemon Colosseum/XD.

kotaku.com likes this.
  12. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

I don't have Colosseum... :P Have the gamecube to gameboy cable... But I don't have the game! ^^ Sorry!

kotaku.com likes this.
  13. KazoWAR

United States
    Oh, OK. :(

This is like the only think that is keeping me from buying one of these.

kotaku.com likes this.
  14. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

I CAN try out the gamecube connection thing for you, used to turn the gameboy into a tingle controller on one of the Zelda games? But I see no reason it wouldn't work... :P

kotaku.com likes this.
  15. KazoWAR

United States
    I am sure it would link to the machine, so the Zelda one should work fine, but my main concern is Colosseum/XD trying to access the sav file.

16. zerolinks

zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Could you test out Golden Sun and Sigma Star Saga?

kotaku.com likes this.
  17. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

Yeah, I was actually playing Sigma Star Saga earlier! ...only got past the first mission though - but it was perfect. And the Golden Sun games are definitely in my list of games to play so i'll check that out for you soon!

kotaku.com likes this.
  18. mr-volk

mr-volk Member
    Newcomer

Serbia, Republic of
    Hi to all. I recieved my toy)) Some glitch report for K-Team.
    Doom 2 hangs on try to save game...
    Can you make option to display without scaling 240x160 on center screen.
    To others, I can make vodeo review, do you need it? You can write list of games...
    Sorry for my english I am Russian.

kotaku.com likes this.
  19. rockinreject

rockinreject Member
    Newcomer

Did you upgrade the Firmware? Cause I just tested it and Doom 2 saves perfectly.

In fact the only glitch i've noticed in any game is in Jet Grind Radio... Theres just a certain rail on a certain level that causes it to freeze. Dunno if its a game/rom glitch but I'm gonna try out the US (Jet Set Radio) to see if its in it.

EDIT - actually nevermind, Jet Grinds working fine :P must have been a game issue.

kotaku.com likes this.
  20. zerolinks

zerolinks GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Did anyone who bought this specify a color with Zarmark? What color did people get?

kotaku.com likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Advance, extras, clone