Gaming A Game Boy Advance 1:1 clone with extras.

HamburgerBandit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend wants to buy a GBA but I might mention this device to him instead. It seems like a better option.

I can't tell from the pics but it this thing using the "new brighter screen" found on later model GBA SP?

Reactions: kotaku.com

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My friend wants to buy a GBA but I might mention this device to him instead. It seems like a better option.

I can't tell from the pics but it this thing using the "new brighter screen" found on later model GBA SP?

From what I can tell it is a backlit screen, just like the old k-team clone which is in an original GBA shell. What I am curious about is whether this thing would run a GBC flash cart, since it is essentially a clone of the original hardware

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I am curious about is whether this thing would run a GBC flash cart, since it is essentially a clone of the original hardware

No, It just runs gba games, apparently they omitted the hardware needed for the gb and gbc games so I don't think that your flash cart would work. You can still play all the old games via emulators on it though.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I am curious about is whether this thing would run a GBC flash cart, since it is essentially a clone of the original hardware

No, It just runs gba games, apparently they omitted the hardware needed for the gb and gbc games so I don't think that your flash cart would work. You can still play all the old games via emulators on it though.

Hmm is that so? Never saw that part anywhere. I don't have a flash cart for the GBC since my EZ-IV can emulate them but I was just curious. I guess my question would have also worked if I'd asked about original GB/GBC carts >.>;;

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Hmm is that so? Never saw that part anywhere. I don't have a flash cart for the GBC since my EZ-IV can emulate them but I was just curious. I guess my question would have also worked if I'd asked about original GB/GBC carts >.>;;

I could be Wrong but heres where i read it from... http://obscurehandhelds.wordpress.com/2011/12/11/the-gba-is-dead-long-live-the-gba/

"K Team Says:
December 12, 2011 at 1:15 am
As explained earlier, the GB & GBC cartridge was omitted at early stage of the development since we thought most of the GB & GBC game titles have their GBA resembled. But you can still play GB & GBC ROMs using the built-in emulators. Sorry about that, maybe in next version. We hope young kids can get the same thrill as we did before. For older men/women, this is just another journey to remember. For the team, we kind of enjoyed the fun developing this stuff. But trust me, it’s really tough to achieve what you have seen now. We believe it’s the one and only and there probably won’t be another.. We hope manufacturers can come out more models using this solution. You can voice your request to DX or other web stores you used to shop. Let them know you don’t want those emulators, you just want the Hardware version, the K Solution."

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that covers it, I read their newer posts on there in regards to updates and bugfixes, but must've skipped that one. Still, it doesn't exactly make this GBA clone unattractive. It says you can play roms using the 'built-in emulators', and obscurehandhelds states there are a few emulators on there which are 'experimental' :)

I wouldn't want to play SNES on this, but if it plays GBC/GB roms without any problems then that is good.

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I CAN try out the gamecube connection thing for you, used to turn the gameboy into a tingle controller on one of the Zelda games? But I see no reason it wouldn't work... :P

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I was actually playing Sigma Star Saga earlier! ...only got past the first mission though - but it was perfect. And the Golden Sun games are definitely in my list of games to play so i'll check that out for you soon!

mr-volk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Hi to all. I recieved my toy)) Some glitch report for K-Team.
Doom 2 hangs on try to save game...
Can you make option to display without scaling 240x160 on center screen.
To others, I can make vodeo review, do you need it? You can write list of games...
Sorry for my english I am Russian.

rockinreject

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you upgrade the Firmware? Cause I just tested it and Doom 2 saves perfectly.

In fact the only glitch i've noticed in any game is in Jet Grind Radio... Theres just a certain rail on a certain level that causes it to freeze. Dunno if its a game/rom glitch but I'm gonna try out the US (Jet Set Radio) to see if its in it.

EDIT - actually nevermind, Jet Grinds working fine :P must have been a game issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.