Gaming A Game Boy Advance 1:1 clone with extras.

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
Some interesting news here ---> http://obscurehandhelds.wordpress.com/2012/06/08/k1-gba-is-launched-heres-your-chance-to-win-a-free-one/
And the chance to win one for free!

Reactions: kotaku.com

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the dimensions of the SOC? Would something close to a Game Boy Micro be possible? (Probably not.) I could settle for a Dingoo clone but that's missing the point of the GBM.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From k1gba.com website:

"Q: Would you mind trying out Pokemon Emerald? Not even my NDS with Slot2 EZFlash can run it properly, because of missing RTC support.
  • A: YES, it can work."
Man, that is a stretch and worded in a deceiving way (the K1 player does exactly the same thing the ez flash 3in1 does on a NDS; the game plays but not with real time clock). I think being perfectly clear is the best option, or word will spread on Youtube, that the k1 player doesn't do the things they say it can do. They'll say how they bought it just to emulate Pokemon Emerald perfectly, and the website said that "Yes, it can work," but my berries sure as hell aren't growing and the clock isn't working correctly. This answer on the k1gba.com website needs to be fixed to say it works but without the real time clock, or omit the question and answer completely (which I think is better because it was mentioned previously in that crappy, unorganized FAQ that real time clock isn't on the first model of the k1 player).

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
From k1gba.com website:

"Q: Would you mind trying out Pokemon Emerald? Not even my NDS with Slot2 EZFlash can run it properly, because of missing RTC support.
Man, that is a stretch and worded in a deceiving way (the K1 player does exactly the same thing the ez flash 3in1 does on a NDS; the game plays but not with real time clock). I think being perfectly clear is the best option, or word will spread on Youtube, that the k1 player doesn't do the things they say it can do. They'll say how they bought it just to emulate Pokemon Emerald perfectly, and the website said that "Yes, it can work," but my berries sure as hell aren't growing and the clock isn't working correctly. This answer on the k1gba.com website needs to be fixed to say it works but without the real time clock, or omit the question and answer completely (which I think is better because it was mentioned previously in that crappy, unorganized FAQ that real time clock isn't on the first model of the k1 player).

They're not being deliberately deceiving, but I agree we need clarification. My prototype does have rtc, and others have said that their maxzhou88 either does or doesn't. This latest production run could very likely have it built in, but we"all have to wait and see. In the meantime I'll ask the people at the shop to amend the FAQ. Last thing I want is unhappy people.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From k1gba.com website:

my friend, I think K1GBA still have to do a lot of their work on amending the FAQ on K1. You guys can throw out your question about K1. I am sure they will adjust and make a full FAQ later. At the same time, you can saw that they stated out that the FAQ on their website is still needed to be improved. I think it will be a good news for people who really want to learn about this device.

Anyway, I think their FAQ is what they collected from GBAtemp and obscurehandhelds. They just seperate these FAQ into severals parts which will makes it clearly.

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are the dimensions of the SOC? Would something close to a Game Boy Micro be possible? (Probably not.) I could settle for a Dingoo clone but that's missing the point of the GBM.
what do you mean of the dimensions of the SOC? Do you mean how big the SoC in K1 it is?
Yes. If it's too big, a Game Boy Micro-sized GBA isn't possible because of the size of the system on a chip.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not know the exact size of the dimension but I thank it is not very big. It use K card to play game. The only thing you need to do is to download the GBA files into the micro TF card then insert the TF card into the K card( the k card act like a flash card like R4. Can you understand?)

But I do not thinK you can use the GBA game card played on K1.

Do I answer your question well? Or I misunderstand you?

I will try my best to help you.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're not being deliberately deceiving, but I agree we need clarification. My prototype does have rtc, and others have said that their maxzhou88 either does or doesn't. This latest production run could very likely have it built in, but we"all have to wait and see. In the meantime I'll ask the people at the shop to amend the FAQ. Last thing I want is unhappy people.
Actually, you are the first person who has RTC on his K1 Player. It appears as though the prototype is different than the first run model of the K1 Player. I'm waiting for a GBA Micro form factor with RTC capability. I already cancelled my first order because of the RTC issue. I'm just sitting back at this point and watching closely to see further improvements. :)

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, you are the first person who has RTC on his K1 Player. It appears as though the prototype is different than the first run model of the K1 Player. I'm waiting for a GBA Micro form factor with RTC capability. I already cancelled my first order because of the RTC issue. I'm just sitting back at this point and watching closely to see further improvements. :)

Read the comments underneath my latest blog post. He has a maxzhou unit with RTC. I don't understand how some people have it and others don't...

gibberish

Trophies
XP
Country
That would be helpful... although the answer won't necessarily be the same for this new run of K1s because they're being manufactured by a different firm. As soon as the shop receives the new stock we will know, I guess.

K-Team

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of

Read the comments underneath my latest blog post. He has a maxzhou unit with RTC. I don't understand how some people have it and others don't...

Hi, pals. Let me clarify this RTC issue.
(1) So far, none of the K1 machines you have has a real RTC function. They don't put a 32678 Crystal in the device because of several reasons.
(2) Some one experienced RTC functions in some games,. That's also correct because there's a fake RTC function emulated by internal clock which is not so accurate AND, it will disappear after power-off. You will need to re-set the clock after next Power-On, to keep it work as you expected. That;s not very convenient as you can see..
(3) The first model that has a real RTC function will be the dingoo-like form factor like many of you have seen on other sites. That model may come out of factory in late June or Mid-July. I n terms of REAL RTC, that means the clock will be still ticking even you turn off the power, unless you pull out of the Li-On battery. But if you swap the battery quick enough, it will still keep correct time.
(4) A fail-safe RTC will need an independent "button" battery like you see in usual main board of a desktop computer. K1 RTC needs very little battery power so it will still work even the battery voltage drops to as low as 3.0V when every other things (display, game functions) have turned off. And even if you put the low-battery device in a cool safe place for years, after you re-charge the device, you will see the clock/time is still keeping time correctly.

Hope this clarify the RTC stuff. Thanks for your support to K1.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize that. I missed the "RTC" information on FAQ on K1GBA.com as below:

Q: Does the K1 support the RTC (real time clock) for games such as Pokemon?

• A: K-team originally implemented this in their design but Maxzhou chose not to go with it in the first model. However, in the next model the RTC will be implemented and working. keep checking this thread for more information on that.

In fact, you can play Pokemon Emerald with K1 GBA SP but without "RTC". I think they will add this when they release their next model.

For the size of "SOC", it is about "6X6mm"

moebius77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That would be helpful... although the answer won't necessarily be the same for this new run of K1s because they're being manufactured by a different firm. As soon as the shop receives the new stock we will know, I guess.

Does anyone know when that will be? Because I ordered my K1GBA directly with zarmark from taobao and am waiting for three weeks now for the device to be shipped.

Wiisel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I mailed maxzhou asking what the holdup is and if the SP version is still in production with no reply, Its been almost a month wait for my order via Zarmark I'm considering claiming my money back grabbing some more flash carts and giving up on the whole idea of owning a K1. I was really looking forward to having a GBA SP clone of this level.

Edit:
Just hopped on msn and had a nice chat with "jelly" from Zarmark and they have an order from the seller on its way to them :)

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Does anyone know when that will be? Because I ordered my K1GBA directly with zarmark from taobao and am waiting for three weeks now for the device to be shipped.
My friend, K1 GBA SP will be available soon this month. The reason why it delays so long it because that there are still some bugs that the manufacture needs to fix them. ( yes, they work very hard these days for K1). I think it is a good news when we hear it as both the supplier and manufacture spend much time for making products. This is to make sure people are satisfied when they receive the goods. It is worthwhile to wait for a good device, isn't it?

It is a long time waiting as three weeks passed. Which shipping method you selected? Did you contact the seller on zarmark? You need to make sure that your goods had been shipped out or not. This is very important. Anyway, keep contacting the seller.

moebius77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@[member='Wiisel']: Great news. Hopefully mine will be shipped to zarmark soon too.

And thanks a lot fir the answer ruilong. I don't have a problem with waiting a couple of weeks but when you're not informed about such a delay it can be very frustrating waiting witg no end in sight. So I keep my fingers crossed that my unit will be on its way to zarmark in the bext couple of days.

ruilong

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thus I think people in zarmark should improve their customers' service. Tell when they will send out the order and when customers will receive their goods. I know all you guys are waiting for this device for a long time. To make sure you can get what you bought, you need to act firstly. I mean try to send them email or any way you can contact them. Never wait till they contact you. Shopping from China will be a little different from what you did in USA or other European countries. There are some on line shop in China did have very good customers service. But most of them are not. They may be busy on packing orders but no time to reply to customers's email. Thus, you need to keep sending emails to remind them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: it pisses me off