704jaffer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So I picked up a R4 and a kingston 1gb micro just this other week. It was, and is still, my first slot 1 device and i have been very happy with it. I wanted to try out Portrait of Ruin, but found I had troubles with it, frequent freezes, etc. since my micro was not japanese :'( .

As it turns out, I had also ordered an R4 for my sister. She, as a note, is not the type of person to ever play PoR. Well just before I gave my sister her R4 after setting it up I realized the text on the Micros ran in different directions. My micro's label needed to be read with the micro on its side, while my sister's kingston 1gb needed to be read standing up. I looked closer and realized her Micro said some magical words on it. Particularly SDC-10G JAPAN! I immediately swapped the micros and i've had not a hint of trouble with PoR since.

azotyp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
evil.gif
laugh.gif

704jaffer

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
U better finish PoR !

Oh dont worry i will, im just stuck on the 2nd last boss( i dont know if its a spoiler or not to say who it is.)

I havent played many castlevania games but once I tried Dawn of Sorrow i was hooked. Unfortunately in PoR i sold some items I couldnt have and I got stagnated on the quests. I'll probably have to play through again.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
Trophies
XP
Country
Don't read out loud "Made in JAPAN" three times straight or a band of blind undead samurais with five mouths will appear on your living room.

On topic: It would be a good idea to finish the game and then switch cards again.

tech673

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seems that only one game really needs a Japan made card so whats the harm in just keeping it? Your sister having any issues with the other card?

Talaria

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
From my experience Kingston made in Taiwan cards occasionly randomly freeze in games its not common but can occur which can be a biatch if you are in the middle of a boss fight and it freezes. Might be different for others but i reccomend just getting a made in that would should not be named card.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I kinda did something like that with my nephew.

He paid for the R4, but we hooked him up with the microSD out of our own pockets.

I had a 2gig Transcend MicroSD (Taiwan no less), we bought a Kingston 2gig Japan. Guess which one he got?
wink.gif

The only thing I wish I would have had the forethought to do was swap the USB reader with him.....he would never have known the difference. I have the grey one with the pyramids on it. It works and everything, but it's slow. He got the silver one with the fast read/write speeds.
Oh well.....my PC has a 50-billion-in-one card reader in it, so I don't use the USB reader all that much anyway. The only reason I kept mine was, at the time, it was considered to be a very solid reader.....there was no info on the silver one he got. I didn't know it was so much faster or (of course) I would have slurped it.

You know, if these people can't order this stuff for themselves, they deserve to get the inferior stuff. If YOU know what's better, suckers on them. Switcho-chango Woot! Woot!
ph34r.gif

He already had the official cart of PoR anyway and he's never had any problems playing any of the games he likes, so it's all good. I just wish I could have gotten that faster USB reader.....sigh....
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn