A Fire Emblem: Three Houses voice actor will be replaced, following abuse allegations

pad5pg6.png

The recently released Fire Emblem: Three Houses will see one of its character's voice actors recast, following a major accusation of abuse. Chris Niosi, the voice actor behind the game's main male character, Byleth, admitted to having, "horribly mistreated and abused friends, colleagues, and even significant others", in a very long apology post on social media. Previously, Niosi has been accused of sexual assault by multiple former friends, with those within the voice acting industry also calling the actor out on his behavior. In the mobile game, Fire Emblem Heroes, Niosi was also voicing that same character, in a special event celebrating the launch of Three Houses. Shortly after the admission post went up, Nintendo quietly issued a patch to remove Chris Niosi from the credits of the game, with the character receiving new voice lines by a new actor, Zach Aguilar.

Nintendo will be replacing all voiceover work done by Niosi in Three Houses as well, with the company stating to various news outlets that, "After assessing the situation, we have decided to re-record the character's voiceovers in Fire Emblem: Three Houses and Fire Emblem Heroes with another actor. The new voiceovers will be included in a future patch". There's no word on when the patch will go out, but Nintendo seems intent on getting the issue resolved fairly quickly.

:arrow: Source

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Wait, your avatar character gets to talk in this game? So it's fully voiced? Now I'm impressed. Little interested in the game now. :blink:

Not fully voiced. Only talks when they've leveled up or improved on a skill. Stuff like that.

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Wait, your avatar character gets to talk in this game? So it's fully voiced? Now I'm impressed. Little interested in the game now. :blink:
Most lines in the game are voiced, however, the protagonist has the fewest lines of the bunch. Even previous protagonists in Awakening/Fates/Echoes all had major speaking roles, as opposed to this. All your other recruited units are voiced, and have a LOT of dialogue though.

Reactions: kudofan

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most lines in the game are voiced, however, the protagonist has the fewest lines of the bunch. Even previous protagonists in Awakening/Fates/Echoes all had major speaking roles, as opposed to this. All your other recruited units are voiced, and have a LOT of dialogue though.
Still, I'm actually peaked... piqued interested in this now. I never liked reading all that stuff, having voices helps keep me focused or engaged in the game. If this is had to be the only fire emblem game to date that has the most voiced lines and added presentation, then good. (Finally) I just hope the story is least interesting enough to keep me from sleeping. I never did find the plot of these games to be interesting, I always knew someday it was mostly going to be all about the characters that probably keep the game's state of popularity. :ninja:

The only other reason why I don't particularly like these games is the tactic style gameplay. I knew they made the "Permanent death penalty" a option to appeal to casuals, but I'm not too much of a tactful player, plus in this game seem to overwhelm the player with making way too many intricate decisions.
  • What house do you want to be the instructor of
  • What characters do you want to build relationships with
  • How do you want to guide this character's playstyle
  • How do you want to respond to this statement
Anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I want to know what makes these games appealing. They just seem too much of a brain teaser or mind flex to keep me invested because they keep making changes or adding things that seem to increase the decision making on the player's behalf to preserve depth or something. I Remember shining force was the first kind of tactical gameplay with easy to follow plot and gameplay, Fire emblem evolved beyond the shining force and I don't know if I am ready. :blink:

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Still, I'm actually peaked... piqued interested in this now. I never liked reading all that stuff, having voices helps keep me focused or engaged in the game. If this is had to be the only fire emblem game to date that has the most voiced lines and added presentation, then good. (Finally) I just hope the story is least interesting enough to keep me from sleeping. I never did find the plot of these games to be interesting, I always knew someday it was mostly going to be all about the characters that probably keep the game's state of popularity. :ninja:

The only other reason why I don't particularly like these games is the tactic style gameplay. I knew they made the "Permanent death penalty" a option to appeal to casuals, but I'm not too much of a tactful player, plus in this game seem to overwhelm the player with making way too many intricate decisions.
  • What house do you want to be the instructor of
  • What characters do you want to build relationships with
  • How do you want to guide this character's playstyle
  • How do you want to respond to this statement
Anyone can feel free to correct me if I am wrong, I want to know what makes these games appealing. They just seem too much of a brain teaser or mind flex to keep me invested because they keep making changes or adding things that seem to increase the decision making on the player's behalf to preserve depth or something. I Remember shining force was the first kind of tactical gameplay with easy to follow plot and gameplay, Fire emblem evolved beyond the shining force and I don't know if I am ready. :blink:

Gives you a taste on what it's like being the guy with the biggest responsibilities. What you do will either make or break you. It does a good job to make sure you suffer from the consequences of your choices during the story. Unless you knew what happens. Byleth is pretty much you. And it's your job to lead and teach your students. Everything falls to you. Including their lives if you're playing classic. As for relationships, they're pretty minor. Completely optional.

Also side note. You can have tea parties!

Last edited by SkittleDash,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also side note. You can have tea parties!
Okay I'm lost now, tea parties? WHY! :wtf:

Anyway, that stuff you said, just seem to prove my point of how this game is. Too much responsibility falls on the player. I guess people like to have total control but it seems overkill for people who just want to pick up a controller, and play the game from start to finish to experience the story, character personalities and what not. It's more about working too hard to be rewarded with more lengthy plot, and if you fail you have to try again. Be mindful that if it takes you long to get between situations without saving, it will take just as long to get back. Just like walking up 11 flights of stairs in a 22 floor building, only to fall all the way back down and have to spend the same time walking up again to get back to where you are. :blink:

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Okay I'm lost now, tea parties? WHY! :wtf:

Anyway, that stuff you said, just seem to prove my point of how this game is. Too much responsibility falls on the player. I guess people like to have total control but it seems overkill for people who just want to pick up a controller, and play the game from start to finish to experience the story, character personalities and what not. It's more about working too hard to be rewarded with more lengthy plot, and if you fail you have to try again. Be mindful that if it takes you long to get between situations without saving, it will take just as long to get back. Just like walking up 11 flights of stairs in a 22 floor building, only to fall all the way back down and have to spend the same time walking up again to get back to where you are. :blink:

Because tea parties are fun! And is a nice change from doing battles. And if you're successful, you can interact with them. Like staring at their face. Or their chest, haha.

Well... You can always use cheats if you just want to experience the story. It's exactly what I'm doing. The fandom would kill me for admitting that. But I like a good story before challenging myself.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because tea parties are fun! And is a nice change from doing battles. And if you're successful, you can interact with them. Like sating at their face. Or their chest, haha.
Umm, we are talking about tea party, right? You can have a unsuccessful tea party? How can you ruin a tea party, especially in a game? :blink:

Secondly, I don't have a modded console. I want to avoid online ban if possible.

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Umm, we are talking about tea party, right? You can have a unsuccessful tea party? How can you ruin a tea party, especially in a game? :blink:

Secondly, I don't have a modded console. I want to avoid online ban if possible.

Because in a tea party, you decide what to talk about. Depending on who you're having a tea party with. They have their likes and dislikes. They also sometimes ask you questions.

Ah, fair enough. You could invest in a second switch. If you can find a first model.

Last edited by SkittleDash,

Reynardine

Fuchsly
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That carreer is probably ruined...
I wonder why he decided to make an online confession.

He doesn't mention sexual abuse in his tumblr post.
I don't know what he did that was wrong, so I can't form an opinion on this.

As for me, I honestly couldn't care less about a replaced voice actor.
It won't lessen my enjoyment of the game.

Last edited by Reynardine,

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Because tea parties are fun! And is a nice change from doing battles. And if you're successful, you can interact with them. Like staring at their face. Or their chest, haha.

Well... You can always use cheats if you just want to experience the story. It's exactly what I'm doing. The fandom would kill me for admitting that. But I like a good story before challenging myself.
For what it's worth, playing on Hard I haven't found any real points of struggle (aside from trying to kill the ONE unit the game literally says "hey he wont attack you so just leave him be" BUT HE HAD A DARK SEAL AND I NEEDED IT) so I really do recommend at least trying it on Normal without cheats for your next play (if you decide to play again).

It's when you don't just one shot everything you really get into the professor side of things with building your house. Definitely something worth experiencing, just as great as the plot itself!

SkittleDash

Head Nurse
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
For what it's worth, playing on Hard I haven't found any real points of struggle (aside from trying to kill the ONE unit the game literally says "hey he wont attack you so just leave him be" BUT HE HAD A DARK SEAL AND I NEEDED IT) so I really do recommend at least trying it on Normal without cheats for your next play (if you decide to play again).

It's when you don't just one shot everything you really get into the professor side of things with building your house. Definitely something worth experiencing, just as great as the plot itself!

I do plan playing again. After all, there so many routes. Would I be exaggerating if I said it's longer than Awakening and Fates combined? Haha.

Reactions: Scarlet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a picteof not updating just tell them don't update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...