A few Wii to Wii U questions - Virtual NAND Wii game saves and 16:9

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by wiimanofthenorth, Dec 28, 2013.

1. wiimanofthenorth
    OP

wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2011
    I'd like to ask a few questions.

Firstly, my Wii is fully softmodded with Wiiflow that uses Virtual NAND for saves.
    I've also got the Virtual Wii on my Wii U with a HBC, using steps 1-3 of asper's guide and following [Truth]'s guide.

Question 1.

Do I have to remove everything before using the move to Wii U program from Nintendo? Or will it just move everything that is "normal"?

Question 2.

On my Wii I use Wiiflow with virtual nand game saves.

Would I have to load up the virtual nand and move the game saves to a SD card, then from the SD card back on to the normal Wii, so that they can be moved to the Wii U?

Question 3.

Is it safe to have a Wiiflow forwarding channel? And is there one that sorts out the 4:3/16:9 problem? I know about the Tueidj HBC fix, but I would like to not have to go into HBC to load Wiiflow and mess about. I already know about how to hide the USB drive when needed.

I've spent the past week and a bit reading a fair bit on the above questions. I'm sorry if they have already been answered, but as always, stuff is getting lost in the mist of lots of other questions.

Thank you for any help!

2. AwesomeMarioFan

AwesomeMarioFan RiiConnect24 Dev

Jun 21, 2013
    United States
    1. The Nintendo Wii to Wii U transfer channel will only move normal files.

2. The virtual NAND is a completely different filesystem than the real NAND, so yes.

3. As long as the forwarder in question does not have a corrupt banner, it should be fine.

As for The Homebrew Channel, I recommend using JoostinOnline's fix: http://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-for-the-hbc-with-the-v4-0-wii-u-update.355462/
    If you want a dark blue color there's some more here: http://www.hacksden.com/showthread.php/7814-Workaround-for-the-HBC-with-the-latest-Wii-U-update

3. wiimanofthenorth
    OP

wiimanofthenorth GBAtemp Regular

Jan 18, 2011
    Thanks for the reply, but yeah I'm after a forwarder that goes to wiiflow in 16:9. It would make life a lot easier.