Hacking A few WAD questions

Atmuh

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry if these are answered in other threads i searched but couldnt find anything

1. If i installed a VC or wii ware game via WAD installer and I back it up to an SD card and delete it can I simply copy it back or do I have to reinstall it?
2. I installed the first SNES no limit channel but now installed the new one with banner and CC support, can I delete the old channel in the Wii memory menu and not worry about it?
3. Does the WAD uninstaller uninstall EVERY WAD I've installed?
4. If the answer to #1 is yes and I transfer my game back to the Wii will my save files still be there?

Cyber-T

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Atmuh said:
sorry if these are answered in other threads i searched but couldnt find anything

1. If i installed a VC or wii ware game via WAD installer and I back it up to an SD card and delete it can I simply copy it back or do I have to reinstall it?
2. I installed the first SNES no limit channel but now installed the new one with banner and CC support, can I delete the old channel in the Wii memory menu and not worry about it?
3. Does the WAD uninstaller uninstall EVERY WAD I've installed?
4. If the answer to #1 is yes and I transfer my game back to the Wii will my save files still be there?

1. Normally you can copy them simply back to the wii
2. You can delete the Channel over the Wii Menu Settings. That should be no problem
3. The WAD Uninstaller uninstall every WAD u have on the SD. If you have 1 WAD on SD he only deletes one. If you have 2 WADs on SD, he deletes two...
4. Sorry, but I don't know.
unsure.gif

Hope I could help you a little. Sorry for my bad english
rolleyes.gif

zant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. I think it would be better to REINSTALL
2. If you delete modded channels from system memory (what I do), be careful how you exit the utility
If you keep going back, you will get this sort of message: "The wii system has been corrupted. Please refer to the manual"
If you use the home button, you will avoid that message. IF you do get that message, manually shut down the wii and repower it on. it will be ok (happend to me couple of times, freaked out the first)
3. Only the wads you have in the wad folder in the SD root.
4. Save files never disappear unless u delete them.

hope that helps!

nanika

文鎮じゃダメ!まぁ、こんな文字小さしすぎてどうせ読めないっしょ。
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Atmuh said:
Maybe, maybe not.
If you did this: WAD installer, backup, delete with WAD uninstaller, try to copy back - then you would need to reinstall.
If you did this: WAD installer, backup, delete with Wii system menu, try to copy back - then you could just copy it back from the SD card.
QUOTE(Atmuh @ May 11 2008, 08:25 PM) 2. I installed the first SNES no limit channel but now installed the new one with banner and CC support, can I delete the old channel in the Wii memory menu and not worry about it?
In order for a channel to run it must have a ticket. So, if you just deleted it with the Wii System Menu, then you're ticket would still be there. You would be better to WAD uninstall. Else each time you use the Shop Channel Nintendo gets told you have both SNES channels instead of just one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: empty chat