A few tips in filtering bad sellers and good sellers.

Topfragger

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First one thing you should do.

1.check that the site has fluent English

usually ENGRISH sites like Gamekool are hosted by chinese or korean or whatever scammers, you can tell what Engrish is if the sentences arent correct and the grammar is wrong.
usually this is because Chinese companies use translation software that is never perfect in translating fluent chinese into perfectly fluent english.
for example "R4 is best flashcard for Nintendo DS, using state of art Mature hardware and mature parts this is the best of best and noone can go wrong with the R4s it will never need update again"

search for their Business number,
for example an Australian site that sells goods has an ABN (Australian business number)
also make sure that they have tax inductions which is a give away that they are registered.
a site that is dodgy or scammy will not have any of this.

One good thing to do, is ask about products and questions about orders by contacting them, a good site that is trustworthy should reply within a very decent time frame and reply in english.

Allways READ the terms of service and Shipping and costs, any hidden fee's can be combed through here,
it also helps to order something and confirm it just to see what the final cost actually is, and then you can simply pay for it or cancel it.

another thing to do is CHECK where they are located, usually this is found on a "About us" page or "Contact" it should have the resellers company and address and location.

NEVER buy from a site that claims to be local but actually has your order shipped direct from Mainland china or Hong Kong, because they will be ripping you off
Gadgetgear is a good example of this, they claim they ship gaming goods from hong kong to keep costs down, but their costs are the same as other retailers that actually ship LOCALLY

this is unfair as you are giving them more profit than they deserve, and because it's being shipped from another country you have to wait longer than if it was a local reseller.

Remember, paying some site that appeared out of nowhere and is based in places like Korea or China or any other places, and have no registered business code are very hard to punish with law, if they dont have a registered number they cannot really be traced and the lack of any location details compounds the problem.

if you paid them by direct deposit or bank transfer your money is as good as gone.
if you used a credit card, you may be in some serious shit because they will most likely continue making withdrawels from your Credit card account and never stop unless you cancel your credit card altogether which is very very troublesome (not impossible) but it's a huge assed hassle.

Hope this helps.

cupajoe

Have a cup of joe!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this excellent heads up. I'll make sure to look for these when I'm ordering things online.
smile.gif

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
How about Gameyeeeah? I've ordered from them before and didn't have any problems, but currently on their front page is blatant Engrish, "We have enough stock of R4 right now.And we have dispatching all the remaining orders.....................2008.4.10"

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I encountered a site a little whiles back full of Engrish. I should've bookmarked it to post it here. It was laughable.

I did contact them thought, advising that they fix that problem as they'll lose alot of customers that way.

spacemedafighter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gamekool is a place NOT to get your homebrew stuff. their egrish is awesome. check it out on their site.
i ordered from them and never got my order. never replied any of my emails

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all this is actually true
tongue.gif
but i mean... i never order anything online, i get all my stuff locally even r4s cos we got a shop a suberbs away

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.