Hacking A few simple questions before I downgrade my 3DS XL...

hiryuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'm ready to take a chance and downgrade my 3DS XL. However, I have a couple of questions before making the final jump.

My current setup:

• Nintendo 3DS XL (old) running 10.3.0-28U
  • 32 GB SanDisk Ultra PLUS 48 MB/s SDHC card with all content backed up to my laptop and Dropbox

I have a new 64 GB Lexar Professional 95 MB/s SDXC card that I'd like to upgrade to, formatted using the HP tool to FAT32.

Here are my questions:

1. My Nintendo account is currently an Ambassador account. Will I lose these games if I downgrade and run CFW/emuNAND?
  2. Will I still be able to access my NINID and all of the purchases I've made over the years?
  3. IF I were to decide to update in the future and remove all of the awesomeness of homebrew, is it as simple as updating to the latest firmware or would I need to uninstall something first?

Thanks in advance!

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Alright. I'm ready to take a chance and downgrade my 3DS XL. However, I have a couple of questions before making the final jump.

My current setup:

• Nintendo 3DS XL (old) running 10.3.0-28U
  • 32 GB SanDisk Ultra PLUS 48 MB/s SDHC card with all content backed up to my laptop and Dropbox

I have a new 64 GB Lexar Professional 95 MB/s SDXC card that I'd like to upgrade to, formatted using the HP tool to FAT32.

Here are my questions:

1. My Nintendo account is currently an Ambassador account. Will I lose these games if I downgrade and run CFW/emuNAND?
  2. Will I still be able to access my NINID and all of the purchases I've made over the years?
  3. IF I were to decide to update in the future and remove all of the awesomeness of homebrew, is it as simple as updating to the latest firmware or would I need to uninstall something first?

Thanks in advance!
Question 1 and 2 no you will still have access to all your eshop stuff once you set up emunand remove the sd card from the 3ds then switch the 3ds on go to system settings and select other settings then format system memory this removes your ninid from the main system then put the sd card back in start emunand then enter your ninid details start up the eshop and all your stuff will be available to redownload. Question 3 everything is on the sd card so you would just need to delete it from there

Reactions: hiryuu

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
Or, slowly said:
Your nnid is independent of the system, but only can be linked to one system at once.
You'll need to unlink it before doing anything and just configure it again after everything is done.

Reactions: hiryuu

hiryuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question 1 and 2 no you will still have access to all your eshop stuff once you set up emunand remove the sd card from the 3ds then switch the 3ds on go to system settings and select other settings then format system memory this removes your ninid from the main system then put the sd card back in start emunand then enter your ninid details start up the eshop and all your stuff will be available to redownload. Question 3 everything is on the sd card so you would just need to delete it from there

Awesome! Thank you for the quick response. I'm reading over the downgrade guides so that I'll have a good handle on the process. I'm assuming that if I were to remove the emunand that I would still be able to relink my NINID to my system. I'm excited about trying all of this out! I've not messed around with a Nintendo console since my old Wii.

hiryuu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Or, slowly said:
Your nnid is independent of the system, but only can be linked to one system at once.
You'll need to unlink it before doing anything and just configure it again after everything is done.

Quick question. When I go to Format System Memory, I get the following:

"The Nintendo Network ID linked to this system can't be linked to other systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. If you want to link the ID to another system, you must perform a system transfer."

Am I about to lose all my purchases?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

"The Nintendo Network ID linked to this system can't be linked to other systems in the Nintendo 3DS family. If you want to link the ID to another system, you must perform a system transfer."

Hmm did you remove the sd card first?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Format Emunand in system settings then format sysnand in system settings that should unlink your NNID. Then just sign into it on Emunand if it still gives you that message just ring Nintendo all you need to do is give them the Console ID and they will manually link it but from the way things sound your NNID was being used on a different 3DS and you never unlinked it by doing a system format.

Don't forget to back your SD card first before formatting both Emunand then sysnand.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night