OP
Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,
Lately I reinstalled my wiikey with a new one (had check connections error), upgraded to 1.9g, upgraded to 3.1u, then decided to play some games for the first time in months. So.... I boot up my wii and get to that "press A to continue" screen. I press A and notice that it fades and sticks for a second or so before switching to the menu. I dunno if that was caused by the new 3.1u wii firmware or what but its new to me and was wondering if thats normal.

My second question is about the drive noise. Whilst trying out games such as fire emblem and tony hawk proving ground, the wii drive was constantly making fierce "reading" sounds. Its fine in pretty much all other games that i've tried so far, but during fire emblem the drive noise was so constant and strong it seemed troubling...
My question(s):
Is it from a bad burn? Just high detail game? Should I switch to 3x disc read speed? If so, what are the negative sides to switching to 3x?
I just don't want my drive dieing out :/

sekhu

moo?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
with regards to the first issue, I noticed this too. I noticed it after applying the 1.9g update, but I guess I also updated to the 3.0 firmware from the SMG disc, so I guess it was the latter rather than the former. As far as I can tell , it's normal, and it doesn't bother me personally.

blu9987

OP
Trophies
Website
www.clan-geno.net
XP
Country
United States
with regards to the first issue, I noticed this too. I noticed it after applying the 1.9g update, but I guess I also updated to the 3.0 firmware from the SMG disc, so I guess it was the latter rather than the former. As far as I can tell , it's normal, and it doesn't bother me personally.

Ah, thats good knowing i'm not the only one
smile.gif
Thanks for your response
smile.gif

Now to find out about the noises...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N-3vv4kzdk