Hacking A Few Quick Questions From a Noob

HeyBigSpencer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, recently got into the Wii U hacking scene (literally a week ago) after a friend of mine sent me a guide on how to run back ups from my Wii U. However, from what I've read on here it seems that a lot of the stuff on the guide might've been out of date, but from my perspective everything seems to be working fine. Basically, the gist of the tutorial was to go to Loadiine, and launch Kexploit 10, then use WUP Installer Mod (I've since switched to WUP Installer GX2) to install back ups from an SD Card to a HDD. Everything in that regard works fine. I just have a couple of questions on what I should do next;

1) Said friend from before told me that I'd need a CFW called Mocha to run VC games, so I grabbed that, however Europe's VC library is quite small in comparison to the US one, so I was wondering what the process would be to use VC games from that region? Would Mocha work? Or would I need another type of CFW? A few guides mention region patching though I'm not sure if that's in regards to the console or the games themselves.

2) Can the Wii U detect two separate USB's? Currently I'm using a 1TB HDD that needs a USB Y cable to connect to my Wii U on account of it not having an internal power supply, meaning that the ports in the back of the console are both occupied. I've been reading up on vWii modding and it sounds like I'd need a separate USB drive when it comes to that, so my plan was to acquire a (physically) small USB drive and slot it in to the ports at the front. This is where my question comes in; will the Wii U (Or the homebrew software) know which drive is which or will I have to disconnect one when I wanted to use the other?

Thanks guys! I didn't realise how vast the Wii U modding scene was!

Amingo

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm very interested in the answers to question 2). Can you have a HDD for vWii and one for Wii U games connected at the same time?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm very interested in the answers to question 2). Can you have a HDD for vWii and one for Wii U games connected at the same time?
Yes (read below)
Hey guys, recently got into the Wii U hacking scene (literally a week ago) after a friend of mine sent me a guide on how to run back ups from my Wii U. However, from what I've read on here it seems that a lot of the stuff on the guide might've been out of date, but from my perspective everything seems to be working fine. Basically, the gist of the tutorial was to go to Loadiine, and launch Kexploit 10, then use WUP Installer Mod (I've since switched to WUP Installer GX2) to install back ups from an SD Card to a HDD. Everything in that regard works fine. I just have a couple of questions on what I should do next;

1) Said friend from before told me that I'd need a CFW called Mocha to run VC games, so I grabbed that, however Europe's VC library is quite small in comparison to the US one, so I was wondering what the process would be to use VC games from that region? Would Mocha work? Or would I need another type of CFW? A few guides mention region patching though I'm not sure if that's in regards to the console or the games themselves.

2) Can the Wii U detect two separate USB's? Currently I'm using a 1TB HDD that needs a USB Y cable to connect to my Wii U on account of it not having an internal power supply, meaning that the ports in the back of the console are both occupied. I've been reading up on vWii modding and it sounds like I'd need a separate USB drive when it comes to that, so my plan was to acquire a (physically) small USB drive and slot it in to the ports at the front. This is where my question comes in; will the Wii U (Or the homebrew software) know which drive is which or will I have to disconnect one when I wanted to use the other?

Thanks guys! I didn't realise how vast the Wii U modding scene was!
1) Yes, or you can use Haxchi/CBHC's built in CFW which launches faster.
2) You certainly can plug in 2 HDDs at the same time, but you will want to use UStealth to hide the vWii drive, so the Wii U side can't see it at all. Otherwise, you'll get constant prompts to format it.

HeyBigSpencer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's good to hear that Mocha is region free, but I might chevk out Haxchi/CBHC in the future.

And that's good to hear about the multiple HDD's. I'm not going to bother with vWii modding for a while yet, though, want to make sure I've got everything sorted on the Wii U side of things first.

Thanks for the help, guys!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: