Hacking A few questions

APImagine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi, I am new here, so if any of my questions have already been answered and can be located in the forums, I do apologize, I'm not used to the site yet. Before I go on, I do have the current firmware, v1.17 on the DSTT.

I have Animal Crossing Wild World (1479), but for some reason the town does not show the proper season. It's the correct date and time in the game, but it's the middle of summer, it seems. Is there any reason why this is? Should I be using 0223 or 1479, since I have found two versions of this game, but neither of them have a version number in the filename.

Also, I have Super Mario 64 DS (0056, it's v1.1), and the first time I tried loading the game, it froze, and every other time I tried to load ANY rom after that, the DSTT would always freeze. I had to reload the DSTT menu to get my roms to load properly again. Is there something I should know about this game? Should I be using v1.1 or v1.0?

Finally, since I JUST recently got my DSTT, if anyone could direct me to any useful posts such as known glitches regarding the DSTT, helpful information, guides, things-not-to-do, roms to avoid, ANYTHING like that, that would be great (assuming, of course, that these posts exist).

Well, that's it, thanks to everyone in advance for your help, and I promise I'll be good!

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1479 is the correct version for the U.S. It's spring in Animal Crossing right now, so it would probably look like summer (there won't be any snow or anything).

Some tips on using the DSTT:

Check to see if you have a fake. There are a lot of fakes. DsttFlashChecker can be used to check for a fake. If you have a fake, you don't want to be running the official firmware because it contains "fake-killer" code that will "kill" a fake DSTT (although a "killed" DSTT can be recovered).

Other things to keep in mind:
  • Always leave some free space on your microSD card for save files and system files.
  • Always put games into your "games" folder. Also, put homebrew into a folder. Leave as few files as possible on the root of your microSD card. There is a limit to the number of files that can be at the root, and exceeding this limit may corrupt your microSD card.
  • Always use "safely remove hardware" to remove your microSD card from your PC to avoid corruption of your microSD card.
  • Use the Panasonic formatter if you ever have to reformat.
-Bri

APImagine

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I also came across a post of yours detailing how to properly set up the MicroSD card for the DSTT, and followed all the steps, and everything works perfectly now, so thanks a ton for the help, even if that post wasn't directed at me at the time.

EDIT: Also, I did all the necessary steps to check for a fake, and the app told me mine is legit, so no problems there.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Glad it's working! It can't hurt to install the hacked firmware (with the fake-killer disabled) even on a real cart, which you've probably already done if you've followed the steps in that other post.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: 455