A few questions regarding upgrading to 3.4

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by lixoman100, Feb 25, 2009.

1. lixoman100
    OP

lixoman100 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Brazil
    Hello,

I have a Wii with the D2CKey modchip running the first 3.3 update. I can run backups without using any loaders, I can install WADs using WAD Manager and I can run Trucha discs using GeckoOS. I want to update my Wii to 3.4.

I updated my homebrew channel to beta9 and my Wad Manager to 1.3. I downloaded Custom IOS36 rev 07 from Waninkoko's website and used it to install cIOS249. My questions are as follows:

1 - Running backups is not affected at all thanks to the hard mod, correct?
    2 - Already having cIOS249 installed (as confirmed by AnyTitle Deleter), the Beta9 HBC installed and WAD Manager running (and reporting as using a custom ios), I can still use WAD Manager to (un)install WADs after updating?
    3 - How do I run Trucha Discs (like custom Guitar Hero discs) if, as I believe, GeckoOS won't run them anymore due to not using the cIOS? Is there a launcher or something to do this without having to use the Backup Loader or the MenuPatcher? I ask because the backup loader doesn't seem a good idea (as I already have a hard mod to handle backups) and a menu patcher seems overkill to me.

Thank you very much for your time.

2. lixoman100
    OP

lixoman100 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2008
    Brazil
    Any ideas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice