A few questions regarding The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by PitPitPit, Jan 18, 2017.

1. PitPitPit
    OP

PitPitPit Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    Hi all,

recently new details about the Wii U version of Zelda: BotW have been revealed. I'm currently at FW 5.5.0 using loadiine GX2 to play my games from SD. This brings up a few questions:

• It has been announced that the Wii U version of BotW will need 3GB of internal memory. I think i never played/installed any Wii U game that required internal memory for game-content. Will this space be required to be free on the SD card in the case of loadiine or do you still need 3GB of space on your Wii U's internal memory?
    I'm asking this because I barely got 3GB of free internal space but I know that save games for loadiine are also stored on SD (I also know that you can extend the internal memory with USB-storage but I'm not sure if this works with running games from loadiine).

• As i wrote I'm currently on FW 5.5.0. I assume that the game will require the newest FW 5.5.1 to run. I'm kinda out of the loop with the current state of Wii U hacking so I wonder what would be the best way to go about this. Can I update my exploited-FW somehow? Or do I just apply the latest official update and exploit again afterwards? I also read something about FW-spoofing if I remember correctly.
    For the sake of easiness in the past I have been putting games marked "ready2play" or "loadiine ready" on my SD card and I assume those should be available for BotW as soon as the game comes out. Other than what I mentioned things with BotW should not be different compared to playing any other game through loadiine or am I forgetting something here?

Thanks for any advice!

2. Wargla

Wargla Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2011
    France
    I have same questions for loadiine experts.
    And I am even asking myself if needed setup of 3GB of data in internal memory of the WiiU could prevent a loadiine version of the game.

3. wolf_

wolf_ GBAtemp Fan

Jan 22, 2012
    United States
    Actually if they do release the game it would more than likely require a new update to run if they are smart lol

4. huma_dawii

huma_dawii GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 3, 2014
    United States
    Florida
    Why are you even using Loadiine after the release of the Brazilian Method?

Lacius likes this.
  5. EmanueleBGN

EmanueleBGN GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 22, 2015
    Italy
    Xenoblade requires 2GB Data Pack too

I still use Loadiine too because I haven't an hard disk to dedicate only to Wii U

6. PitPitPit
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    As I wrote I'm a little out of the loop. Until now Loadiine always worked good for me so I didn't keep up with the latest progression in wii u hacking.

Yes, I was thinking about this, too :/

Last edited by PitPitPit, Jan 18, 2017
  7. Wargla

Wargla Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 15, 2011
    France
    I don't use brazilian method as I don't care about online features, and loadiine is working perfectly fine.
    If BOTW loadiine version is the eshop one, maybe there will be no issue because the 3GB of install are only for the disc version ?

8. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    I love how people already discuss how to play their "backups" of an unreleased game ;P

Deboog, Shikkichu, MichiS97 and 4 others like this.
  9. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    Well the eshop will likely be the size of the disc + the 3 gb already in.
    You can use system memory too...

10. PitPitPit
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    The digital download version should have all the content "in one place", yes.

Come on man, this is not just some unreleased game. It's the new Zelda! :D

11. nIxx

nIxx GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 30, 2007
    Gambia, The
    Germany
    Yeah exactly one of the games that is really worth the money imho especially if you want to support these great games :) But at the end everybody will and can just do whatever he wants ;)

12. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States
    Well, Xenoblade is about 20-25GB in size, I imagine BotW will be at least 10-15GB if not more or the same as Xenoblade. Loadiine dumps should not require the extra 3GB as it should be all in one folder.

13. Taven

Taven Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 21, 2016
    United States
    United States
    BoTW is rumored to be 13.4 GB from what I was told not sure if that is the switch version or not but it shouldn't matter. Assume its 13.4 GB and be sure to have room. Unlike everyone I am going to pick it up for the wii u get a hard copy if at all possible.

14. PitPitPit
    OP

Newcomer
    Jan 18, 2017
    Gambia, The
    I've considered getting an original copy myself. The possibility of a new FW update coming with the game remains though. I guess current exploits would be rendered useless then.

15. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes I read on Facebook nintendo said it will be exactly 13gb in size on wiiu and 13.4gb on switch.

totally off topic question but does anyone know if nintendo have said the maximum gb the switch game cards can be??

16. Maximilious

Maximilious GBAtemp Addict

Nov 21, 2014
    United States

In the Treehouse they used a 256GB but I think it can go higher than that even.

17. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I'm not talking about the max size of sd card you can use I mean the storage size of the actual cart the games will be sold on.

18. TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4 GBAtemp Supreme Overlord

Dec 1, 2014
    United States
    Under a rock
    Can you guys seriously not just buy even ONE GAME that has been anticipated for what... 3? 4 years now? and clearly has more than enough content to be worth the $60 (or equivalent) that it's priced at? I mean, I can kind of understand why people in Brazil and Australia would do it since Nintendo keeps dicking them over, but people from Germany, France, America, etc. can definitely afford this

Shikkichu, Vorde, niuus and 8 others like this.
  19. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Update data, DLC and save data can all be stored on the SD card with Loadiine, and the 3GB of extra data should be one of those (most likely update data)

20. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    how it that going to work as the 3gb is not an update it's files that are to speed up the load times in game that is why they are installed to the hdd. loadiine is already slower than hdd for loading stuff and BOTW requires the hdd to load the files at a reasonable speed so the game is going to have terrible load speeds on loadiine without the hdd install of the 3gb files. the load times are probably going to make the game near unplayable using loadiine without the 3gb hdd install.

Last edited by Marko76, Jan 18, 2017