Hacking A few Questions on M3i Zero

dman777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am thinking about getting the M3i Zero. However, after reading the reviews I have a few questions:

1). I am a NeoGeo fanatic. I looked read the home brew compatibility list and there is no mention of NeoDs and if it works 100% or not. Anyone know?

2). Did the RTS and sound issue get fixed? This is one of the main reasons why I want the M3i

3). Did I read correctly in the GBA review...I can't have both soft reset and RTS enabled for a game? If so, has this been fixed?

4). Having to use paper to make the cart have contact with the DSI. Is it certain that this has been fixed? I had this problem with my Cyclo DS and I never want to deal with that issue again.

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dman777 said:
I am thinking about getting the M3i Zero. However, after reading the reviews I have a few questions:

1). I am a NeoGeo fanatic. I looked read the home brew compatibility list and there is no mention of NeoDs and if it works 100% or not. Anyone know? Don't Know

2). Did the RTS and sound issue get fixed? This is one of the main reasons why I want the M3i Have no idea

3). Did I read correctly in the GBA review...I can't have both soft reset and RTS enabled for a game? If so, has this been fixed? Still don't know (I can answer your last one)

4). Having to use paper to make the cart have contact with the DSI. Is it certain that this has been fixed? I had this problem with my Cyclo DS and I never want to deal with that issue again. Never had that problem. Not sure many people do though. :/

Pliskron

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a real, same thing as the zero. It's ok but I've never really been that happy with it. There seem to be lots of compatability issues and spotty performance with the advanced featues. If you're looking to buy a card for the DSi I'd wait for the new supercard.

ninchya

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tryied neods, it works if you dldi patch for m3 carts(and m3i i think) the only problem is geting the roms or bios to work on it. for RTS i have never tryied yet, as well as the paper trick.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16