a few questions on EZ Flash IV

Discussion in 'GBA - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by roguetrip, Jul 17, 2009.

Jul 17, 2009
  1. roguetrip
    OP

Member roguetrip GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just received my EZ Flash IV yesterday, installed the firmware and played a couple of games without issue that were transferred over by EZ4 client. All roms were already SRAM patched and trimmed for my EZ Flash 3 in 1.

So far I found Go! Go! Beckham Soccer will not work on the EZF4. neither on my DS or NGC GBA Player. Is there a guide to getting certain games working or atleast this one? It was a Eurasia release and works fine on my EZF3n1.

Last question is about emulation, how good are the Gameboy, Genesis, SNES emulators for it? Good guides to getting it up and running? Thanks!

2. roguetrip
    OP

United States
    Ok, 37 views and no answers? WOW

Anyways, I found it was the copy of Go! Go! Beckham causing the issue.

So, now onto the emulation side, where there any good ones, would love to play my updated version of Metroid II in color instead of my original copy of the game in the Super Gameboy for my SNES. Thanks!

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    I do not recall any problems with Go! Go! Beckham Soccer although it does ring a bell, I will look further on that one. Generally though if it does not work with EZ4client try GBATA and if that does not work hit up a forum or IRC. While the patching should be same for the 3 in 1 and EZ4 (most people even used EZ4Client rather than the cut down version the EZTeam released).

Emulation, if for the DS then it is the same as the DS slot stuff with the possible exception of an snezziboy DS (SNEmulDS surpassed it long ago).
    For GBA is a bit different.
    Genesis/megadrive: no emulator ever appeared.
    SNES: it works but no sound, fewer buttons and screen issues mean I do not really suggest it if you have a DS to play with.
    DanTheManMS has done some good posts on the SNES on the GBA (it was more than a tech demo but not enough for me to invest serious time learning the ins and outs of the subject).
    It should be said that many games from the 16 bit era got fairly good GBA ports though.

GB: know that the GBC was not the same as the GB but there is goomba color (probably the best GBC emulator on either the GBA or DS).
    Other than that:
    http://gbafan.pocketheaven.com/

4. roguetrip
    OP

United States

On the Go! Go! Beckham soccer, I believe it was due to the Eurasia release (the one with the added screens at the begining of the game). The game sizes are even different. Eurasia all trimmed and patched is 3.91MB, the non Eurasia one is 3.87MB after trim and patched. The Eurasia will work fine in the EZ 3in1, just not the EZ4 mini-SD.

I basically just took all my patched and trimmed roms from my EZ 3 in 1 and slide them onto the EZ4 mini-SD, and everything else works fine so far except looks like there is a folder limit of files.

I'm gonna have to try goomba color, I liked the hacked color metroid II better than just black and white original game I actually own and have tried to play on my Super Gameboy on the SNES. I used the DS lite emulator for MII but lost my save somehow (at the final metroid no less!) and need to start over again.

Last question though, I was reading on WIKI about goomba color and looks like it doesn't have savestates working? Is this true of the latest version? Thanks!

5. Pliskron

Banned Pliskron Banned

United States
    Use the EZ4 client and don't trim the rom. Try using a clean dump, and don't cheat patch it. I bet that will work.