bobafett4ever

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I hate the term noob. But in this case I'm fairly close to that when it comes to my M3. I've played around with it a lot, but there is a lot I don't know.

I am not sure this is the correct place for these questions, so please forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place. It seemed appropriate since this has to do with software.

Here are my questions, problems...

I have an M3 with a 4 Gb Kingston chip. I loaded Sakura 1.11 on it and it boots up fine. I can play all my "back up" roms as well as view pics, play mp3s and even watch videos. (Yes, I had to convert the .mpeg files to the .dpg using Super C - but it does work.)

My problems though are that I can't get movies to work. An example is my daughter wanted me to put Aquamarine on the DS for an upcoming trip. I extracted the .VOB files using DVDDecrypter but I can't get the .VOB to convert to .dpg using Super C. It crashes and fails on me every time. I was able to do the first 3 chapters of the Clone Wars cartoon, but after that it too crashes each time. It is weird cause I had no problem from .mpeg to .dng, and I can do some .VOB to .dpg

On a different note, I am unable to play any homebrew games. I've d/l about 10 homebrews and each one hangs up Sakura. Not sure why? Is it possily something with Sakura. I didn't try the games on the prior software I was running (whatever came with the M3 card).

Thanks for any help.

daisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not familiar with the vob format, but a quick google tells me that its just a mpeg file (from wikipedia). The only thing I can suggest is to make sure you have the correct codecs to view the files you want to convert. If you cant even watch the videos you wont be able to convert them.

Also regarding the games. I too am running Sakura on M3 and I have a quite a few games on my card and they all run just fine. If you dont mind you may want to post the games you've tried so other forum members may be able to check if those specific games are problematic.

bobafett4ever

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response Daisun.
Here's the breakdown of the games:
Acromage, Balance, BlOOps, Tales of Dagur, BreakOutMania, Daemon, Drummer, Geografika, GeoWars, and PairsDS.
When I unzip them, they all seem to have a .ds.gba, .nds, and some even have a .sc.nds file. I've put all of them into the NDS folder and I've tried just the .sc.nds and .nds files, but I either get a blank white screen, or what appears to be some sort of MSDos looking file check (can't remember the exact error or wording atm) and it freezes up.

Also, for the movies, I don't know why, for instance, on the Clone Wars I can get some of the .vob files to convert but not others. Does anyone convert their DVDs to watch on the DS? (Makes it great for the kids for trips!)

Thanks in advance!

daisun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried Geometry Wars Galaxies and it all seems to work fine. Maybe the games are corrupt? You only need the .nds file but having the others on your card shouldn't matter either.

With the video encoding the only other thing i can think of is maybe your computer ran out of memory?

Sorry cant help much hopefully some other people will have some input.

krazykirk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
When you try to run homebrew, you only need the .nds file, since you are using a slot 1 card. The .ds.gba format is for a slot 2 card, and the sc.nds is for the supercard. (I think..)

You could try converting the dvd/vob file into another format first, such as mpg or avi, and then try to convert it to dpg from there.

strata8

Look! A pointless distraction!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The unofficial hacked version of Sakura doesn't run homebrew properly. Look in the M3 Sakura FAQ and download the triple-boot loader. From there you can boot into the iTouchDS firmware to run homebrew. It's not perfect, but it's all we have until the official release of Sakura comes out.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
krazykirk said:
When you try to run homebrew, you only need the .nds file, since you are using a slot 1 card. The .ds.gba format is for a slot 2 card, and the sc.nds is for the supercard. (I think..)
Right, the *.sc.nds file is actually just a renamed *.ds.gba file. It's renamed because the slot-2 Supercards used to require the *.ds.gba files but needed them to be named *.nds in order to launch in DS mode. The *.sc.nds format was thus created to separate it from regular *.nds files. Mostly deprecated now since they run normal *.nds files anyway.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Those IHOP chips are actually pretty damn good