hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi Guys,

have an old fat PS2 in my basement. Have softmodded it a few years ago (Softmod via Memory Card).

Dont remember the settings I have, I only know that I can play emulated games and I can play backup games with an external usb hard drive .

What I don't remember is, what I have to do that I can play those backups. I think they have to be in .iso file format and I think they need a special filename (???)

Another thing is, like I remember, I only had a list where I can chose the backup game and start it. Is there a more comfortable option like USB Loader GX for Wii with Coverflow or even an option to show covers?

Last question: I have 2 USB Mic's bought for my wii, I think I can use them with the PS2 and backup SingStars too, can't I? Have an USB Hub, does it work together?

Help me to get my PS2 out of the basement and back in my living room :P

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, will try to cover as much as possible.
1. as far as settings go, you need not to worry about that.
2. Yes there is a way to play ISOs from a flash drive Using a program called "OPL"
3. Yes the games need to named a certain thing and they need to be in a specific folder. Ill show you my flash drive. :grog:
upload_2017-5-5_8-31-43.png

Inside the "DVD" folder are the games
upload_2017-5-5_8-32-31.png

Notice how the game ID is before the actual name of the game. This is important. You will need to look up the game ID for any of the games you want to play.
4. As far as I know, there are no cover options when loading games. I only believe there is the one program, OPL, and it gets the job done quite nicely.
You are also able to use cheats with OPL but I will need to do a quick refresher myself.
5. I'm not sure if the USB hub will work mainly because I've never tried. XD

I hope all this helped!:toot:

Reactions: queendude

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
yeah, thanks for your help, I think that was all what I need to know - but only 1 thing is left: Where did I get the Game ID's?

I remember that I have to put all files smaler then 700 MB in the CD folder, all other in the DVD folder?

I read that the games are not running very fast with external drive, is this state of the art or can I play the games well?

Thank you :P

Edit: Is there an option to play PS1 backups too?

Last edited by hansdampf_HD,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SIMPLE! All you will need to do is open up your ISO with an Archive program like WinRAR. Ill show you!
upload_2017-5-5_8-44-10.png

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

SIMPLE! All you will need to do is open up your ISO with an Archive program like WinRAR. Ill show you!
upload_2017-5-5_8-44-10.png
I never heard about big games running at slowspeed. :unsure: Its probably because im not an expert when it comes to this stuff.

Last edited by Stephano,

hansdampf_HD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I knew it was easy, thank you :P

In which format I need the usb external device? Fat32 (but how do I get those large files on it) or is NTFS good?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I knew it was easy, thank you :P

In which format I need the usb external device? Fat32 (but how do I get those large files on it) or is NTFS good?
I have mine at FAT32. Ive never tried NTFS. The games for PS2 are not that big so ive never needed to use NTSF. But if you are playing a game like GTA, then i guess you might need to.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.