A few questions ebout emunand and usbloadergx

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by bobbintb, Jun 14, 2018.

1. bobbintb
    OP

bobbintb Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    I am looking to set up emunand on my wii but after doing some research and reading Cyan's wonderful guide (https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-do-i-get-usb-loader-gx-to-properly-utilize-emunand.437521/), I still have a few questions.

I want to use emunand with usbloadergx. I first dumped the nand but it has a bunch of system apps and I don't know how to uninstall them from the emunand. It's my understanding I can use ShowMiiWads for this. Is that correct? Is there a way to do this within usbloadergx?

My second questions is about the dumping. I have two Wiis and to make things easier, I'm getting one USB hard drive working and will just clone it to another for the second Wii. When I dump the nand to emunand, won't it be tied to that specific machine? I have been messing around with ModMii to get a blank emunand (that is presumably not tied to any specific Wii) but it's a little confusing because this is really my first experience with emunand so I don't know which options to use for my scenario. There are some WADS that I don't think I need to install and some options have stuff to copy to the SD card as well as the USB and I don't use an SD card.

I just need these few things cleared up. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. bobbintb
    OP

bobbintb Member

Newcomer
    Nov 26, 2008
    United States
    Also, how do I get the titles to be correct? For example, Super Mario Bothers 3 is titled FCWE.

3. TheThief

TheThief Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2016
    United States
    Yes you can delete games/channels in usbloader gx. Select the game, without launching it, then open game settings and scroll till you reach uninstall. Choose uninstall all.

As for using one emunand for multiple Wiis. I do that all the time.

In usbloader main settings (cogwheel) there is an option under features to dump syscon files to emunand. This will copy the current Wiis configuration to emunand. This only overwrites things like network settings, Wii remote pairings.

I do this when I use another Wii to not have to deal with pairing Wii remotes and such.

As for displaying the game name instead of title I'd, that's also in main settings for usbloader gx.

Last edited by TheThief, Jun 19, 2018