A few questions before getting SC DS One SDHC

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by o2brew, Oct 12, 2007.

Oct 12, 2007
  1. o2brew
    OP

Newcomer o2brew Newbie

United States
    Looking for the answers to a few questions before I order a DS One. I was considering CycloDS, but I've had enough of the endless delays.

1. Does the annoying file info box still pop up when first starting? This is different than the moonshell alarm message that I gather has been fixed for a while.

2. What save type does it use, RAW .sav like R4/M3/CycloDS? If they are different, is there any way to convert from one to the other?

3. I've heard that save files are named using the old 8.3 format. Is this true? What about naming of the in-game cheat files? If it does default to 8.3 names, has anybody tried renaming them using the full name?

4. Does it now save directly to SD card instead of to flash until next restart? Even a small chance of losing a save would be unacceptable.

5. I see multi-save support as a new feature, but can't find any descriptions as to how it works.

6. Do all the emulators work, nesDS, Snemulds, jEnesisDS?

2. TLSpartan

Member TLSpartan Kills threads

Australia
    1. You mean the one that says its saving? Thats gone as it saves like the R4,M3,etc (direct to card, not through battery)

2. .sav But unlike R4 it does not have them all as 512KB, it has them as the correct saver size, this saves you space. Dont worry you can use any save file size(as long as its bigger then the correct saver size)

3. If you mean they can only be 8 letters long? Thats still the case and the 8 charcater gets turned into a ~ . If thats not the answer you wanted can you rephrase the question?

4. Direct to card as of 2 updates ago

5. Don't have my DS on me to tell you how to do it, but it works. Sorry

6. Yup. All homebrew with DLDI will work

3. o2brew
    OP

Newcomer o2brew Newbie

United States
    Excellent, good to hear.

4. h8uthemost

Member h8uthemost GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Your image link won't open, but I believe I know what box you're talking about. And yeah, it still pops up. But all you have to do is a simple edit in the Global.ini, and you can prevent it from popping up.

That's actually the first thing I did when I got my SCDS1, I can't stand having that box pop up.

And I don't really get why people complain about the 8.3 save names. I can see if you had to rename the actual roms to 8.3(like some EZIV games), but it's the save files. It's not really a big deal.

And yes, I believe the cart saves directly to the sd if patch mode is enabled. But honestly, I don't see why you wouldn't have it enabled.

5. o2brew
    OP

Newcomer o2brew Newbie

United States
    8.3 isn't really that big of a deal. Was just curious if it was still the case.

Anything else I should know about the cart before getting it? Bugs, things that don't work or are maybe less than intuitive.

Thanks for all the help.