Hacking A few questions about your Wii U experience

RedArrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a smoking deal on a lightly used Wii U bundle from a friend and have a few questions I'd like to ask before I attempt to mod it.

(1) Is waiting for an IOSU release before getting Loadiine unrealistic?

(2) Which games are better played running the disc rather than through Loadiine? I saw the wiki compatibility list and the games I've read that have pretty slow loading times are..

Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Pokken Tournament

Others I should look out for through personal experience?

(3) I've never played the Wii U before, what are the must have games? I'm really into couch co-op.

(4) Are there any downfalls that you know of by putting Loadiine on the Wii U?

(5) Any reason to get a separate Wii U for modding?

Thank you!

Last edited by RedArrow,

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Loadiine is easy to set up most games work fine apart from the games you already mentioned and some people find twilight princess to be slow to load but it did not bother me. I highly recommend you to get xenoblade chronicles x it's an amazing game. And for multiplayer Mario and sonic 2016 or Mario party or Mario kart 8

Last edited by AmandaRose,

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a smoking deal on a lightly used Wii U bundle from a friend and have a few questions I'd like to ask before I attempt to mod it.

(1) Is waiting for an IOSU release before getting Loadiine unrealistic?

(2) Which games are better played running the disc rather than through Loadiine? I saw the wiki compatibility list and the games I've read that have pretty slow loading times are..

Super Mario 3D World
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Pokken Tournament

Others I should look out for through personal experience?

(3) I've never played the Wii U before, what are the must have games? I'm really into couch co-op.

(4) Are there any downfalls that you know of by putting Loadiine on the Wii U?

(5) Any reason to get a separate Wii U for modding?

Thank you!

1) yes. Why wait for IOSU before running Loadiiine? There is no logic in this. Loadiine works independently of IOSU. It uses kernel access that is temporary until a Wii U reboot. No permanent "hack" or exploit is installed on the WII u.

2) All games are better played through Disc. Loadiine is for running your own dumps of disc games so you don't have to worry about scratches on your discs and you get a nice carousel of games to look through without needing to find your disc and hope it reads through all the scratches and what not (I have 5 kids). Almost all games are compatible with Loadiine. Some take a bit longer to load but again, you save wear and tear on your discs. A few discs need Super Smash Brothers Brawl disc in order to work with loadiine. Check the compatibility list.

3) In my opinion, in this order:
- MK8 (total blast both in single player and online)
- Zelda Twilight Princess HD (Best Zelda yet in my opinion)
- Zelda WindWaker HD (original was a great game, HD is even better)
- Mario 3D World
- Wii U Party (I know I'll get flack for this one but we love to play this as a family)

4) No, none. Its a temp hack. It goes away on reboot.

5) I can't think of any reason to since if you're on 5.5.1 firmware you can play all the cool homebrew plus use it as a regular Wii U and go online.

Last edited by Kafluke,
D

Deleted-379826

1) yes. Why wait for IOSU before running Loadiiine? There is no logic in this. Loadiine works independently of IOSU. It uses kernel access that is temporary until a Wii U reboot. No permanent "hack" or exploit is installed on the WII u.

2) All games are better played through Disc. Loadiine is for running your own dumps of disc games so you don't have to worry about scratches on your discs and you get a nice carousel of games to look through without needing to find your disc and hope it reads through all the scratches and what not (I have 5 kids). Almost all games are compatible with Loadiine. Some take a bit longer to load but again, you save wear and tear on your discs. A few discs need Super Smash Brothers Brawl disc in order to work with loadiine. Check the compatibility list.

- Mario 3D World
- Wii U Party (I know I'll get flack for this one but we love to play this as a family)

5) I can't think of any reason to since if you're on 5.5.1 firmware you can play all the cool homebrew plus use it as a regular Wii U and go online.
For the questions literally my answers are there and for my favourite games:
Bayonetta 2 (comes with original for free if you buy physical copy)
Xenoblade chronicles X
Mario kart 8
Super Mario 3d world
Super Mario bros u along with Luigi bros U
Star fox zero
Nintendo land
Pokenn tournament
Donkey kong country tropical freeze
And more! Also hack vWii for Wii game backups along with gamecube@

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xenoblade chronicles X
Mario kart 8
Super Mario 3d world
Star fox zero
Nintendo land
Pokenn tournament
Whoah! Can't believe I forgot New Super Mario Bro's Wii U! Also Mario Maker

CJB100

Programmer, Media Producer, Hardware Repair
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whoah! Can't believe I forgot New Super Mario Bro's Wii U! Also Mario Maker

I actually really like Wii U Party lol. It's like a different version of Mario Party.

SONIC LOST WORLD
It's so underrated it's freaking ridiculous.

Then your typical Nintendo fodder
Mario Maker
Mario 3D World
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Star Fox Zero (is a-frkn-mazing)
Scribblenauts

ZombiU is actually pretty decent.

There's actually a pretty good selection of multi-platform too, if it's your only new gen system. Mostly Warner Bros games and Ubisoft, with some Activision in there.

Rayman Origins and Legends
CoD
Watchdogs
Injustice is good, old, and super cheap if you don't already have it on another console.
The Batman Arkham games
Darksiders
Iirc some Resident Evils
Assassin's Creed games
Guitar Hero Live
Skylanders for the kids

RedArrow

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Loadiine is easy to set up most games work fine apart from the games you already mentioned and some people find twilight princess to be slow to load but it did not bother me. I highly recommend you to get xenoblade chronicles x it's an amazing game. And for multiplayer Mario and sonic 2016 or Mario party or Mario kart 8

Okay sweet, thanks!

- Mario 3D World

Thanks for all of the info! I've read up some but I guess not enough. I just wasn't sure how much wear Loadiine puts on the console.

Xenoblade chronicles X
Mario kart 8
Super Mario 3d world
Star fox zero
Nintendo land
Pokenn tournament

Will do, thanks for the recommendations!

Definitely try out Splatoon, its primarily a single player online game, but its loads of fun and easily one of the WiiU's best games.

That's the one where you paint everything for points?

I actually really like Wii U Party lol. It's like a different version of Mario Party.

SONIC LOST WORLD
It's so underrated it's freaking ridiculous.

Then your typical Nintendo fodder
Mario Maker
Mario 3D World
Mario Kart
Donkey Kong Country
Star Fox Zero (is a-frkn-mazing)
Scribblenauts

ZombiU is actually pretty decent.

There's actually a pretty good selection of multi-platform too, if it's your only new gen system. Mostly Warner Bros games and Ubisoft, with some Activision in there.

Rayman Origins and Legends
CoD
Watchdogs
Injustice is good, old, and super cheap if you don't already have it on another console.
The Batman Arkham games
Darksiders
Iirc some Resident Evils
Assassin's Creed games
Guitar Hero Live
Skylanders for the kids

Sweet, thank you! I will watch some gameplay videos of these games! Thanks everyone for great game lists!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.