Hacking A few questions about the DSTT freezing

Random_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Will having too many homebrews on the root of the micro SD card cause the DSTT to crash/freeze when loading one of them?(sooner or later)
2.Is it possible to put the homebrews in a separate folder, or the ''games'' folder?
3.Will having too many folders(eg. one for homebrew, games, media,blabla) cause any type of crashing/freezing?

Thanks in advance.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Random_user said:
Hi, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. Will having too many homebrews on the root of the micro SD card cause the DSTT to crash/freeze when loading one of them?(sooner or later)
2.Is it possible to put the homebrews in a separate folder, or the ''games'' folder?
3.Will having too many folders(eg. one for homebrew, games, media,blabla) cause any type of crashing/freezing?

Thanks in advance.

yes you can make folders to store stuff
smile.gif

I do it keeps things organised and tidy .. much quicker for adding and deleting files too
smile.gif

If you format as FAT (FAT16) You MAY get issues with too many files in the ROOT folder
frown.gif

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You should put your homebrew .nds files in a folder. Some homebrew has to have its data files on the root, although most will allow you to place data files in a "data" folder. Read the instructions that come with the homebrew to see if they support the "data" folder and if so use that. If not, you might try contacting the author and requesting that she/he allow the data to be in the "data" folder in the next version. Otherwise, having a few data files on the root probably won't hurt anything as long as there aren't too many.

-Bri

Random_user

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, I found the info a great help. Though..when you say ''data files'' does that include folders, or just files(eg. a game, homebrew and media file)?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I believe a folder at the root is the same as a file at the root as far as the FAT file system limitations are concerned. So, placing the "moonshl" folder and all its content at the root of the card (as opposed to the "data" folder) would count as 1 file on the root. Still, I would suggest putting data for homebrew in the "data" folder whenever possible -- not only is it cleaner, but it will help ensure that your cart keeps running as it should.

-Bri

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1