a few questions about the acekard RPG

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by kasek, Feb 15, 2010.

Feb 15, 2010
  1. kasek
    OP

Member kasek GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Hey i currently have an R4 clone the SDHC and was thinking of switching over to an acekard as im hearing they are one of the best cards out there now but i have a few questions im hoping to get answered all at once... i tried searching but found it hard to find RPG info just 2.1 stuff so here goes

1. Is the Acekard RPG recommended over the 2.1?

2. Where is a decent website to get a legit Acekard RPG 1gb with reasonable pricing to ship to the US? (all the sponsor sites only seem to have 2.1 or 2i)

3. Pretty sure this one is a yes but wanted to verify it supports EZflash V 3 in 1 plus?

3.5. If yes to above I'm assuming you can use GBA exploader or something similar to play GBA games and lameboy for gb/gbc games?

4. Would you drop your R4 to get one?

5. Any flaws you dont like about it?

6. Is there a different card youd recommend instead of the Acekard RPG?

Thanks all for the info

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    The RPG is 8 gigaBITs, which is only one gigaBYTE.

3. kasek
    OP

Canada
    opps my mistake thanks for clearing that up

4. Sumea

Member Sumea Disco Ninja Frog

Finland
    But you can also use Memory cards, so... The internal memory was mostly for trouble games and such.

If I am not wrong, AKAIO does still work on R.P.G. - hence it should also get the 3in1 support what AKAIO has (just hypothesis, someone else needed to confirm)

Over R4 - Definitely times 66

5. kasek
    OP

Canada
    alright thanks ya i new it took the micro sd i just got confused on the 8gigabits

6. zhuzhuchina

Member zhuzhuchina GBAtemp Advanced Fan

China
    acekard rpg is same as acekard 2 but without internal memory, it's very expensive due supplier higher cost to make it . you can find acekard rpg still and i remember we bought them from acekard at original cost was 380 yuan chinese currency, about 55$ !!

7. kasek
    OP

Canada
    ya i dont mind the price but i cant find an order thing on the website and the other suppliers dont have them....

i wanted to order the one off the website in your sig but it doesnt take credit card

8. Rydian

United States
    Why not just get an acekard 2i and a memory card for cheaper?

You can find a 2i bundled with an 8 gig card for about the same price, and that site gives you a free USB charge cable (though it's short).

If the internal memory is the only difference, there's no reason to go for the RPG for such a higher price.

9. kasek
    OP

Canada
    well i already got an 8gb micro s it was more for the internal memory and the usb port and the ease of it having the usb port but i cant find one which is the problem

10. Rydian

United States
    For the USB port you still have to have a cord.

For a normal card, you need a reader.
    At best the reader is built into the computer.
    At worst, you need to grab a USB reader... but that puts you in the same category as with the RPG (having to grab the cord), and the 2i, for $25, comes with a reader the size of my thumb.

If you're willing to pay $25 for a gig of memory, feel free, but I sure as hell wouldn't.
    Maybe that's why nobody carries it, nobody wants it because it makes no sense over the 2i.

11. logical thinker

Member logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Japan
    Desist, you will not find it.

The USB port is only for the internal memory. You still have to use a card reader for the microSD.

12. kasek
    OP

Canada
    i no that i need a reader for micro sd, and i already have one and since i cant find an rpg for sale what is a cheap site to find an acekard 2.1 from i cant use the 2i since i have a ds lite

im still gunna try and find one up until i order an acekard 2.1 if i do i want the RPG and im set on finding one its just getting help finding a site the people who have them have ot have a site to buy it from

13. Rydian

United States
    The 2i works on all DS models, including the lite and fat.

14. kasek
    OP

Canada
    alright thanks i was looking at one at 0shippingzone cuz its $16 but they only take paypal so that sucks... i need one that accepts credit card but they are all far more expensive then that when they take the CC

so im looking at kick gaming and they have the 2i for $31 canadian 4-6 days to get to my house and thats with the shippng cost is that an ok price or way to high

15. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Firstly, I thought it was possible to setup a bank transaction account for a Paypal registration.
    Secondly, CAD$31 (currently converts as AUD$33.15) seems very expensive to me for an AK2i. I odered & received one through DealExtreme in January for the grand total cost of AUD$14.46 (currently CAD$13.52) delivered.

I'm not telling you where to shop, just advising my recent experience. My AK2i is legit and is running AKAIO 1.5.1 perfectly on my DSi 1.4

Off topic: @Rydian, 85 posts (and counting, as we speak) in 12 days, since joining 5 Feb.....really bursting out of the 'n00b scene' there buddy [​IMG]

16. Rydian

United States
    And to think you said I joined just to mess with you. [​IMG]

17. kasek
    OP

Canada
    not sure on the paypal i just dont wanna have extra money sitting on there from US exchangerate and i went to dealextreme.com and they dont have the acekard when i search for it ill stay away from the other one then since its so much more or do you no another that sell them that cheap every site i looked at at the resellers from acekard.com they were all 20+

curious as well if i have no intentions of ever getting a DSi shoudl i just get the acekard 2.1 which is cheaper andif i was gunna go for 2.1 rather then 2i what price range shld i look for in CAD $s

18. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    DX still has the AK2i carts selling - just look in this section and you'll see numerous threads with the links posted.
    I would purchase the AK2i over the AK2 every day of the week! The AK2 has numerous problems (saving issues / freezing / bad batches). Once again, you'll see many threads over it. The AK2i works on all consoles - Phat/DSL/DSi - therefore, you will have a 'future-proof" purchase. Meaning, should you ever by/borrow a DSi you will already be armed with a flashcart that works (disclaimer: dependant on future Ninty FW updates and AK upgrade support). [​IMG]

19. kasek
    OP

Canada
    alright and ill look for a link to dealextreme when i went to the site and searche dit it wasnt coming up with any acekards but thanks for the info and ill look again

are you sure dealextreme has one either im blind or they took it off now cuz i founda link to the actual aekard 2i and when i clikc it it says the product is no longer available

20. Gariscus

Member Gariscus Former Team Cyclops Mod

Australia