Hacking A few questions about Private headers

becca611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello.
I want to get a private header for my Sky3DS i'm getting but since I have the latest software (9.7.0-25 on N3DS), I have heard I can't use the gateway method to get a private header.

I have read on this forum that the user WulfyStylez said that it's possible to get a header by using memory dump, but the guide she/he gave was pretty vague and I have no idea what to do.

I don't know anyone who has a 3DS too, so using someone else's 3ds would be no option.

Are there any solutions to this?

If there is no solution at all, I would be willing to send a trusted dutch member of this forum a cartridge of a 3DS game to make a private header for me.

If this question has been asked too many times and/or this thread doesnt belong here, feel free to delete or move this.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So far there's only two methods of extracting a private header (That I'm aware of, I may be wrong)

1. Gateway Launcher to dump a cartridge (9.2.0 or lower required, cubic ninja required for N3DS)
  2. PowerSaves 3DS
Your best options, Buying another member a cart.. and having them dump it then destroy it. (this could be really cheap, because ebay and stuff)
Sending someone one of your cartridges.
Or Powersaves (this is the most expensive option, unless you already have a powersaves 3ds dongle)

becca611

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you very much.

I have three other questions:

Are people still getting banned for public headers?

Does it matter which power save I have? There seem to be multiple versions.

And where on this forum can I ask for somebody to send one of my cartridges to to make a private header?

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have three other questions:
Are people still getting banned for public headers?
As far as I know, people will always get banned for public headers.. But so far I think the bans are only 15 days or so.
Does it matter which power save I have? There seem to be multiple versions.
PowerSaves and PowerSaves Pro are the exact same product, they just have been marketed for different regions.

And where on this forum can I ask for somebody to send one of my cartridges to to make a private header?

If you had 100 posts I would say the trading forum, but I guess you'll just have to find someone who's trusted and located near you.

Allied

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Pretty sure you can dump carts using the GW menu without a GW cart... haven't tried it in a while, but I don't think it's a protected feature.

gkoelho

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm a little confused too, can anyone help me?

I wanna extract the private header from a cartridge of mine, my 3ds is on 8.x.x.x

I'm aware that i need to put the gateway file on the Sdcard of system and backup my game, but how do i proceed after that?

LameNobody

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm a little confused too, can anyone help me?

I wanna extract the private header from a cartridge of mine, my 3ds is on 8.x.x.x

I'm aware that i need to put the gateway file on the Sdcard of system and backup my game, but how do i proceed after that?

Put launcher.dat on the root of your sd, on your console go to go.gateway-3ds.com and it will load the launcher
then select the dump cartridge option

once you have dumped it you will have a file on your sd called XXXX.3ds (xxxx is the title code)
open it with gateway rom patcher on your computer and select "export header to file"

Reactions: gkoelho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: