Hacking A few questions about Acekard 2i

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) Will it allow normal DS homebrew to be loaded on a DSi?

2) Will it allow GBA roms to be loaded?

3) Does it support SDHC micro sd cards?

thanks in advance

jassim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thank you,can i leave this topic open just incase someone knows the certain answer to question 1

edit: thank you very much to both of you, mods can close this topic if they wish to

megahog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this question is asked many, many times. But I just want to finalize it. So, you cannot run GBA roms from the Acekard 2i using an emulator such as NO$GBA? Thanks.

thedarkness360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No to this day and probably not ever, can you run GBA games on a dsi with any emulator. no GBA slot so no slot 2 card can be used. even emulators made for ds lite look for the rom on the slot 2 side and will not launch the rom from any other location EG.. sd card on dsi or micro sdhc card in flash cart.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
megahog said:
I know this question is asked many, many times. But I just want to finalize it. So, you cannot run GBA roms from the Acekard 2i using an emulator such as NO$GBA? Thanks.
If you know it was asked many times, you must know the answer. No, there isn't any GBA emulator developed for Nintendo DS. My 2 cents here, maybe when hackers open a access to DSi mode of DSi hardware, we will see a limited GBA emulator for it.
But so far, no, you can't run GBA at DSi, as homebrew programmers have access to the limited DS mode of DSi hardware.

@thedarkness360: There isn't a emulator of GBA for DS, you emulate GBA carts with flashcards, the GBA mode of DS phat/lite hardware run it natively.

megahog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ah, the cold truth. I only asked because I am in denial. But, I do agree with you. I do think in the future a slot 1 emulator for the GBA will appear. I just hope it is sooner than later. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte