Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a NN3DSXL on 9.6.0-24U with browserhax installed

1: Can I remove/reinstall browserhax?
2: When kernel access comes to 9.6, what can brick my 3DS (I'm planning to make a guide on what can)?
3: Can HANS brick?
4: Is there any way to use the browser after installing browserhax?
5: Can I take off a custom theme?
6: What can I do with the eShop access app in the Homebrew Launcher?

And please, no Google jokes.

DKB

NO
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes.
2. ...Google it.
3. Don't think it's even possible since HANS does not even touch sysnand whatsoever.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. You can just use the e-shop on a firmware that is blocked from using it.

but that's my two cents.

thatbooisaspy

Trophies
XP
Country
1. You can't reinstall browserhax at all, I think you mean the files on the SD card, which you can.
2. No idea, never used CFW's however i'm pretty sure you can brick it pretty easily.
3. No, it's userland.
4. Yes? All browserhax is a webkit exploit on a webpage. No installing.
5. Yes
6. Nothing really. Well, nothing you can't already do with normal eshop. You can download older versions of eshop titles, but it's really only useful for ironfall. The old method is patched and the new one to download ironfall is probably going to get patched too.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Yes.
2. ...Google it.
3. Don't think it's even possible since HANS does not even touch sysnand whatsoever.
4. Yes.
5. Yes.
6. You can just use the e-shop on a firmware that is blocked from using it.

but that's my two cents.
You didn't tell me what to do for #4 and #5. The browser instantly skips to the launcher and google isn't giving me answers on how to remove custom themes.

ketal

aiueo
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
2: When kernel access comes to 9.6, what can brick my 3DS (I'm planning to make a guide on what can)?

Yes, you can (un)install browserhax any time.
Kernel access itself doesn't brick the console, messing around with the nand does. Since the whole purpose of this new kernel hax is downgrading, I'd wait a week after its release just to be sure (better safe than sorry!)
Nope, HANS is userland, it's not going to damage your console
Yup, just replace it
Nothing, you're on 9.6, no access to eShop atm

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. to do this, simply open the browser with wireless disabled, and close the tab that contains browserhax.
not paying attention to what you're doing is especially dangerous and can brick your system. simply put, if you know what you're doing, you'll probably be fine.

there's currently no way to downgrade, nor a public working (ARM11) kernel exploit for 9.3+. but you probably knew that already ;)
not a chance, it simply loads replacement code/romfs for games, i.e. for ROM hacks. there is no way this can brick your system.
look above for "removing browserhax".
just change to any other theme at "Home Menu Settings" -> "Change Theme".
the original purpose of this was to allow access to the eShop on lower firmwares. this was most important when the original browserhax and menuhax were released, because 10.2 patched them. Nintendo has changed it so you can't log into anything requiring Nintendo Network ID if your NVer (the last part of the firmware, i.e. 9.6.0-24U) is not the latest, currently 28.

NVer is only updated when you do an online system update. this means if you update via game card (for example, Tri-Force Heroes contains 9.9.0) right now, you would be on 9.9.0-24, not 9.9.0-26. this would also not update things like the browser.

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes. to do this, simply open the browser with wireless disabled, and close the tab that contains browserhax.

not paying attention to what you're doing is especially dangerous and can brick your system. simply put, if you know what you're doing, you'll probably be fine.

there's currently no way to downgrade, nor a public working (ARM11) kernel exploit for 9.3+. but you probably knew that already ;)

not a chance, it simply loads replacement code/romfs for games, i.e. for ROM hacks. there is no way this can brick your system.

look above for "removing browserhax".

just change to any other theme at "Home Menu Settings" -> "Change Theme".

the original purpose of this was to allow access to the eShop on lower firmwares. this was most important when the original browserhax and menuhax were released, because 10.2 patched them. Nintendo has changed it so you can't log into anything requiring Nintendo Network ID if your NVer (the last part of the firmware, i.e. 9.6.0-24U) is not the latest, currently 28.

NVer is only updated when you do an online system update. this means if you update via game card (for example, Tri-Force Heroes contains 9.9.0) right now, you would be on 9.9.0-24, not 9.9.0-26. this would also not update things like the browser.
Do you know how to decrypt roms for citra? Trying to see if the one I have is legit.

Bubsy Bobcat

funny rabbit
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
I have a NN3DSXL on 9.6.0-24U with browserhax installed

And please, no Google jokes.
1. Browserhax isn't really installed onto your 3DS, it just loads boot.3dsx from your SD card. (I think the 10.3 version drops a payload file on your SD card if I remember correctly) Just install Menuhax afterwards if you plan on using homebrew offline.
2. No idea, I'd say follow the instructions to KernelTimeMachine carefully when it's released and you'll be fine.
3. No.
4. Yes, simply load up another webpage.
5. You can access the eShop on 10.2 and up.

D

Deleted-236924

Do you know how to decrypt roms for citra? Trying to see if the one I have is legit.
You need its xorpads if you want to decrypt it.
braindump makes decrypted rom dumps, that has a fair bit of data dummied out, but what's there works and is all that's needed for a rom to run in Citra.

If you downloaded the rom online (>.> <.< >.> <.<) then you should also be able to figure out if someone else uploaded the xorpads online so you can decrypt it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does update 19 really block it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Update 19 never came out yet. Just the 18.1.