luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm thinking of purchasing a PSP Phat for my Birthday tommorow, The question is, if i do buy it, do i need a Pandora's Battery? Or can i use that ChickHEN thing and still get to CFW 5.50 GEN-B, also, how would one go about updating CFW's to a newer CFW. Most of the guides on here are outdated also.

Asterisk614

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got did 2 psp "phat" systems yesterday (1001 & 1003) and no you do not need a pandora battery. Easy ChickHEN Installer should work fine for the psp phat system. Its been said that you can put CFW on the slim psp systems byut I havent tried myself. Its Completely safe as long as you check the motherboard version with the included PSPresident application but there is always a chance of "brick" but everything forked for me. Hope I Helped and good luck.

foxgrey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should work just fine without a pandora battery, as long as the OFW is 5.03 or less, if you get the chance power up the system first and check the Firmware before your buy it. Chances are it'll be less unless someone was using it recently. If you decide to go with a slim, just make sure you search the guides for ways to help determine which mobo's they have.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
If by any chance i get a PSP with the firmware above 5.03 say, 6.00, if i use the Pandora battery would i have to downgrade and then install the CFW? And as i said before, if i use ChickHEN will the CFW i install be permanant?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
If by any chance i get a PSP with the firmware above 5.03 say, 6.00, if i use the Pandora battery would i have to downgrade and then install the CFW? And as i said before, if i use ChickHEN will the CFW i install be permanant?

Oooh, I can answer one. If you install CFW using the ChickHEN method, you will be able to upgrade to other CFW as well as revert to OFW later. After you are done using ChickHEN to flash it, you can delete the ChickHEN files and be done with it.

EDIT: Oh, and in case I was mistaking your question, the CFW WILL be permanent in-so-far as when you stop using ChickHEN, you will still have CFW. I believe you're thinking of when people with PSP-3000s use ChickHEN to produce a temporary homebrew environment, allowing them to have temporary CFW. That is not the case with PSP-1000s.

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
DS1 said:
luke_c said:

Oooh, I can answer one. If you install CFW using the ChickHEN method, you will be able to upgrade to other CFW as well as revert to OFW later. After you are done using ChickHEN to flash it, you can delete the ChickHEN files and be done with it.

EDIT: Oh, and in case I was mistaking your question, the CFW WILL be permanent in-so-far as when you stop using ChickHEN, you will still have CFW. I believe you're thinking of when people with PSP-3000s use ChickHEN to produce a temporary homebrew environment, allowing them to have temporary CFW. That is not the case with PSP-1000s.
Thanks, that cleared things up alot, but what if i'm on a OFW over 5.03? Will i have to downgrade or what?

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
DS1 said:
luke_c said:

Thanks, that cleared things up alot, but what if i'm on a OFW over 5.03? Will i have to downgrade or what?

Yes, the ChickHEN exploit requires OFW 5.03. If you are over 5.03 I believe you have to use a pandora battery to downgrade. Of course, if you are using a pandora battery and magic memory stick, you don't need to bother with ChickHEN.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
themuddaload said:
yeah, i dont think there would be an easy way to downgrade without a pandora.

just buy one from DealExtreme, theyre only like $8... everyone seems to have a hernia when i suggest they should spend $8 on making their lives easier...

I don't want to scare anybody away from DealExtreme, I've had a lot of success with them in the past, but I bought a Pandora from them and it doesn't work. It could just be my crappy PSP, but I was a little bothered by it.

edit: Of course it was only like 6 dollars, so I'm not sour about it.

Livin in a box

Livin' in a cardboard box
Trophies
XP
Country
luke_c said:
That's what i was thinking, can you downgrade on any firmware? If so, i'll buy the PSP and if the OFW is over 5.03 i'll have to buy a Pandora aswell.
They're only about £6 from DealExtreme, so you should definitely get one from there.

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my pandora battery and memory stick today form http://www.pspmod.com/shop/index.php

from the video it looks idiot proof
he also says in the video the latest firmware ver 5 but isn't it 5.33...?
I just bet the video is old and since then it should be the latest
I'm still worried though i don't have the cash for a new one if the psp bricks

I have a phat 1000 and it has the latest psp firmware 6.00 I can do this even though its 6.00 firmware right?
once I do this I'll still be able to use the psn and remote play right?

luke_c

Big Boss
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
psywolf said:
I just got my pandora battery and memory stick today form http://www.pspmod.com/shop/index.php

from the video it looks idiot proof

I'm still worried though i don't have the cash for a new one if the psp bricks

I have a phat 1000 and it has the latest psp firmware 6.00 I can do this even though its 6.00 firmware right?
once I do this I'll still be able to use the psn and remote play right?
Way to hijack a thread, you can only go on PSN if you're on GEN, dunno about Remoteplay though.

psywolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to keep busting in but why make a new topic when we are asking about the same thing

my last question was yes I can make this mod with my psp phat that has ver 6 psp firmware on it right?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao