A few pokemon related questions.

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by RiardasMikelioni, Jul 31, 2013.

1. RiardasMikelioni
    OP

RiardasMikelioni Member

Newcomer
    Jul 19, 2012
    Hello pokemon professionals :D,
    1. What is the best way to find out IV's?
    2. Does EV transfer between evolutions? (For example: I want an ampharos eith EV trained Attack and defence, so if I EV train mareep in these and later it evolves will it still have the EV's or will I need to train again?)
    3. Does gym badge LVL cap do anything? I remember in I gen if you have 3 badges, pokemon with over 40lvl won't listen to you. Now it seems, that this doesn't matter, 'cause I have a 70 lvl Kingler and everything seems fine.

2. Sakitoshi

Sakitoshi everything is going according the plan...

May 8, 2012
    Chile
    behind a keyboard or a gamepad
    1- using a external program like pokegen you can see exactly how many IV's your pokemon have, there are in-game means to know what IV has the higher value but not to know the exact value.
    2- yup, EV are at a per-pokemon basis, so if you have a mareep trained on atk and def then when evolve to flaffy and then ampharos the EV's will remain the same
    3- in gen5 badges are to get pass the victory road gate and to control transfered pokemons, if a pokemon is yours badges doesn't matter. if you have a pokemon with swim or fly without having any badges you'll be able to swim and fly anyways, that restriction is removed.

RiardasMikelioni likes this.
  3. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    3 - I think that only applies to traded ones now.

RiardasMikelioni likes this.
  4. Hendry Haad
    This message by Hendry Haad has been removed from public view by Depravo, Aug 12, 2013.
    Aug 12, 2013
  5. Toasty

Toasty Queen

Newcomer
    Apr 1, 2011
    United States
    Toledo OH
    It's always applied to only traded ones; since RBY if you had a level 100 Charizard that belonged to you with no badges it still would have obeyed.