A few/many questions about M3 Sakura

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by FireFreek, Aug 24, 2008.

Aug 24, 2008
  1. FireFreek
    OP

Member FireFreek GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So I'm looking at Sakura, and it seems pretty nice to try out. And I hear it's possibly way better than the original firmware. So I want to know how my preferences and homebrew and such will fit into M3 Sakura:
    (Questions are about the hacked English Sakura firmware, or Triple Boot)

1. Do all commercial games work with Sakura?

2. Is there 100% Download play support, and do you have to start a rom with Y or something?

3. Is there 100% Wi-Fi support?

4. Does it work with SNEmulDS?
    5. Does it work with DSOrganize
    6. Does it work with JabberDS?

7. Does it work with Pocket Physics?

8. Does it work with Colors!?

9. Does it work with Flipbook or any animation homebrew?

10. What are the filetypes for the built in media player for images, music, and video?

11. Does Sakura have any problems with connecting to a router? My router uses MAC filtering, no password, and disabled SSID broadcasting, and I heard the last one causes troubles.

12. Would there be DS-Wii connectivity? I've got Pokemon Ranch, and I'd like to connect it to Pearl or Diamond. (If it doesn't work on the Sakura, how about the Real?)

13. What about folders? Other than the SYSTEM folder and others required by homebrew, do I have to put my NDS games in a certain folder or homebrew will only auto-patch in the root?

14. I hear some cheats don't work on Sakura. Is this fixed or is there a way around this?

15. How big is the Triple Loader? as in filesize?

Sorry if there are too many here, just please answer what you can. And also sorry if there's something wrong with the post as I am posting on my Wii with a USB keyboard.

2. RebelX

Member RebelX GBAtemp Regular

United States
    A significant majority of your questions have already been answered in this sticky.

3. FireFreek
    OP

United States
    I got these questions by reading the FAQ. For ex. the cheat one. In the Faq it links to a thread, that didn`t explain much.

Also, it may be outdated.

4. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    1. yes
    2. i think so
    3. i think so
    4. yes
    5. no
    6. idk
    7. yes
    8. idk
    9. idk
    10. probably same as moonshell
    11. shouldnt
    12. i think they got that working, not sure
    13. you can put games wherever you want, idk about patching in root, thats where all my homebrew is =P
    14. yeah, cheats kinda suck on sakura, just get the triple boot, and if you want to cheat, use the real firmware
    15. oh about 60mb i think, but it has lots of skins on it

5. themuddaload

Member themuddaload Creepin' hardcore.

United States
    accidental double post =(

6. FireFreek
    OP

United States
    Anyone else? These aren't exactly steady answers... And they should be really simple, and many people should know, so i guess it's just a matter of few people noticing this topic?

Bolded questions i need answered:

1. Do all commercial games work with Sakura?
    2. Is there 100% Download play support, and do you have to start a rom with Y or something?
    3. Is there 100% Wi-Fi support?

(If the answer to the above three are no, then please say so)

4. Does it work with SNEmulDS?
    5. Does it work with DSOrganize
    6. Does it work with JabberDS?
    7. Does it work with Pocket Physics?
    8. Does it work with Colors!?
    9. Does it work with Flipbook or any Animanatee?

(If you have any experience with any of the above homebrew please post about it)

10. What are the filetypes for the built in media player for images, music, and video?

11. Does Sakura have any problems with connecting to a router? My router uses MAC filtering, no password, and disabled SSID broadcasting, and I heard the last one causes troubles.

12. Would there be DS-Wii connectivity? I've got Pokemon Ranch, and I'd like to connect it to Pearl or Diamond. (If it doesn't work on the Sakura, how about the Real?)

13. What about folders? Other than the SYSTEM folder and others required by homebrew, do I have to put my NDS games in a certain folder or homebrew will only auto-patch in the root?

14. I hear some cheats don't work on Sakura. Is this fixed or is there a way around this?

15. How big is the Triple Loader? as in filesize?

7. Densetsu

Former Staff Densetsu Pubic Ninja

United States