A few hiccups with recently bought acekard 2i

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Artrigis, Jul 22, 2010.

Jul 22, 2010
  1. Artrigis
    OP

Newcomer Artrigis Advanced Member

United States
    Heya, recently bought an Acekard 2i from shoptemp. There are a few problems Ive noticed with it however.

Whenever I leave the card in my nintendo ds for over an hour, the next time I try and turn it on my DS does not recognize the card as being in the system. I have found ways around this, I have been taking the card out of the system right after I turn it off and for the most part it has stopped having that problem (one time it still didnt recognize the card, even with immediately removing the card after turning the system off). Though I would still like to fix this problem. Running 1.7.1 with the newest loaders, I used panasonic formatter when I set up my card. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Exbaddude

Member Exbaddude The Prince.

Canada
    Try blowing the MicroSD, Acekard and your DS Slot. There may be some dust. :3

3. Artrigis
    OP

United States
    Blowing to try and clean it up was the first thing I tried after the card gave me any problems. But the problem persists =(

4. The Pi

Member The Pi Lurker

United Kingdom
    Contact issues I'd say. Try the paper trick(s)

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
  6. Artrigis
    OP

United States
    Hey, wanted to give myself awhile to test it out and see if the paper trick really solved the problem, and it did. Thanks guys

Also, while Ive got a thread going, I was wondering if there was anyway that I could keep and transfer over a save I have in a retail copy of pokemon diamond over to a copy on my acekard? Ive got about 60 hours into the game.

7. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
  8. Artrigis
    OP

United States
    I just used the basic paper trick, used a razor to cut out a piece, and cut a square in the middle to expose the 2. Im just glad that my DS is now working well [​IMG] Funny how just a slip of paper made all of the difference.. Thanks for those links

9. kingofgamesgx

Member kingofgamesgx Hitokiri Battousai

United States
    lol TC maybe you will be lucky like me and after a few days you will no longer need the paper

(for me i got a DSi after using a DSL for ages and i had to use the paper trick but after 3 days of the paper being in the DSi when i tried it without the paper it worked fine were as 3 days before the DSi couldn't even see it )