Homebrew A few (but not all) icons disappeared from my 3DS menu?

hentaihero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a bit weird, but I will explain it the best I can.

I installed DS forwarders yesterday for my DS games, and all of my Pokemon icons + Twilight Menu icon disappeared from my 3DS (specifically Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, SoulSilver, White, Black, White 2, Black 2, and Twilight Menu)

I'm not sure what went wrong. The only thing I did between yesterday and today is that I put the mentioned icons into folders (the Pokemon games into a Pokemon folder, Twilight Menu into a homebrew folder)

But I did the same for other games (Kirby into a Kirby folder, Sonic into a Sonic folder, ect) and the only icons that have disappeared are the ones I mentioned above

They can still be launched via FBI so I haven't lost access to them, but this is super unusual regardless. What should I do in this situation?

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
There's a limit of 40 DSiWare titles on the 3DS (probably a number which your NDS forwarders helped you surpass). Once you surpass that, the oldest installed DSiWare will be hidden sequentially in the order in which they were installed, with only the latest 45 titles installed being visible.

Last edited by AkikoKumagara,

hentaihero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a limit of about 45 DSiWare titles on the 3DS (probably a number which your NDS forwarders helped you surpass). Once you surpass that, the oldest installed DSiWare will be hidden sequentially in the order in which they were installed, with only the latest 45 titles installed being visible.

Oh I see, I had no idea. I take it there's no way around this at this time

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh I see, I had no idea. I take it there's no way around this at this time
Not that I know of. These titles are installed to NAND, so there's not really an effective bypass at the moment. You could set up emunand but that limit will still exist there as well; so you'd have 40 titles for your main NAND and 40 for the emulated NAND. Best to just keep whatever 40 you care about most (minus one for the TWL Menu launcher) installed and launch others through TWiLight Menu or whatever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, the limit might actually be 40 and not 45 like I initially stated. Conflicting info on the web but 40 sounds correct.

hentaihero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I know of. These titles are installed to NAND, so there's not really an effective bypass at the moment. You could set up emunand but that limit will still exist there as well; so you'd have 40 titles for your main NAND and 40 for the emulated NAND. Best to just keep whatever 40 you care about most (minus one for the TWL Menu launcher) installed and launch others through TWiLight Menu or whatever.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, the limit might actually be 40 and not 45 like I initially stated. Conflicting info on the web but 40 sounds correct.

Is there a limit on the DSi? I have one coming in soon, so if there isn't then I may just migrate everything to that instead

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
Is there a limit on the DSi? I have one coming in soon, so if there isn't then I may just migrate everything to that instead
I believe your only limit on the DSi is NAND storage capacity. Not positive. Well, actually, there's probably a title limit based on spaces available on the DSi Menu...

hentaihero

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe your only limit on the DSi is NAND storage capacity. Not positive. Well, actually, there's probably a title limit based on spaces available on the DSi Menu...

Thank you, I will experiment whenever I get it. Stinks about the 40 icon limit, but it is what it is. I suppose I don't really have a reason to have every DS game on my home screen lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D