a few 3in1 questions

Discussion in 'EZ-Flash' started by EvilMonkey, Jun 24, 2007.

Jun 24, 2007

a few 3in1 questions by EvilMonkey at 1:15 AM (1,322 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. EvilMonkey
    OP

Newcomer EvilMonkey Member

United States
    Hi, I'm thinking about getting a 3in1 and I just had a few questions. First off I'm going to be using the 3in1 with an M3 Simply, so I was wondering if someone could post strengths/weakness of the GBALdr vs the 3-in-1 Expansion pack Tool. My next question is what is the battery life like for the 3in1, and also does just having it plugged-in drain the battery? Thanks alot for your help.

2. 4saken

Member 4saken Retired Ace Attorney

Australia
    IIRC the battery is rechargeable. GBALdr looks nicer, but doesn't support PSRAM functions like the 3in1 tool does

3. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    Can someone answer this question please, I try to find this answer for a long time.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    I didn't notice a significant drop in the DS's battery life when I got my 3-in-1, and I always leave it plugged in. I'm sure it does use up some power even when not in use, but not a huge amount.

The 3-in-1 does not have a rechargeable SRAM battery BTW (people were saying it did when the 3-in-1 first came out, but they were wrong). The battery should last for years, though.

5. asdaf

Newcomer asdaf Newbie

United States
    Is the battery's life based on how often you save or it just wears away over time?

6. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The SRAM battery just wears away over time. Its sole purpose is to provide power to the SRAM when the system is turned off.