A fake Animal Crossing: New Horizons listing is on the Microsoft Store, still hasn't been removed

aaaaa.png

Nintendo and Microsoft have been pretty buddy-buddy lately, but just about anyone in the world would be able to tell you that Nintendo wouldn't just slip one of their best-selling first-party Nintendo Switch exclusives onto PC without so much as a word. Which is why the fact that Animal Crossing: New Horizons appearing on the Microsoft Store is so baffling. Using the official logo, name, and boxart of the official Nintendo game, this fake listing tries to imitate Animal Crossing's latest release. It even has an ESRB rating--E10+--and is available on mobile and HoloLens of all platforms.

Should you check "Animal Crossing: New Horizons"'s description, you'll find that it's even weirder: you need to help escaped farm animals cross a street to safety--definitely not typical Animal Crossing fare. Screenshots add to the entire bootlegged appearance by being ones for Crossy Animal Road, ripping off Crossy Road, yet another game, in the process. Coming from HugoStudioLab, you can get the game for just $2.99, but you'd be best off not supporting a weird mish-mash of stolen properties. Perhaps the most confusing part of all this is that Microsoft allowed the game onto their platform in the first place, and in the past four days of it being released, it still remains, without having been taken down.

:arrow: Source

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
The Microsoft game store is freaking terrible for Windows. The Xbox stuff is actually not that bad but the Windows games... most are trash.
ONLY good thing they have on there is Cut the Rope. Other than that, even the Epic or Origin game stores are better than the Microsoft game store.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

US

Reactions: banjo2

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I find the Nintendo title quite clever. For one, there are often place names with Crossing in the title. Also you see signs alerting you to where animals cross, like deer crossing. Finally, the game is about interactions and relationships, so the characters lives cross.
Also animals can get very cross.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

Julie_Pilgrim

Secretly three raccoons in a trench coat
Trophies
Website
zoey-on-github.github.io
XP
Country
United States
I find the Nintendo title quite clever. For one, there are often place names with Crossing in the title. Also you see signs alerting you to where animals cross, like deer crossing. Finally, the game is about interactions and relationships, so the characters lives cross.
English teachers be like

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eJV6GaIEgd4?si=ciLPnlhfd7XcrxQn