Misc A failed experiment with a strange conclusion

BigX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any other interfering signals in vincinity?
anything in the 2.4 GHz band? (Microwave, DECT phones, Sat receivers, neighbours using WLAN)
Most likely the signals are bad.
I fear your "antenna" wont improve your sending quality (think you'd have to do the same on the Wii side for communication!)
I can hardly imagine, wraping some aluminium foil THAT way improves WLAN sending quality....but still haven't tested that.
If you plan to attach external antennas to your devices, loog for an approbiate plug (or even solder such to the devices)

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I tried to make a DIY parabolic reflector too, to try and extend the signal so i could play from my room, but i too failed, absolutely miserably.

silent sniper

!dennaB
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Are there any other interfering signals in vincinity?
anything in the 2.4 GHz band? (Microwave, DECT phones, Sat receivers, neighbours using WLAN)
Most likely the signals are bad.
I fear your "antenna" wont improve your sending quality (think you'd have to do the same on the Wii side for communication!)
I can hardly imagine, wraping some aluminium foil THAT way improves WLAN sending quality....but still haven't tested that.
If you plan to attach external antennas to your devices, loog for an approbiate plug (or even solder such to the devices)

well, first, there is a microwave between both testing areas, but i dont see how that would block the second testing area if it didn't block the first. secondly, i cant solder for crap.

I tried to make a DIY parabolic reflector too, to try and extend the signal so i could play from my room, but i too failed, absolutely miserably.

hmm.....

QUOTE(Foie @ Jan 23 2008, 01:27 AM)Try making one of these:
http://binarywolf.com/249/diy-parabolic-reflector.htm

I did, and it seems to boost my signal significantly. My router is in the attic, so I just pointed the parabola down to cover more of the house.
great news from this post, though, because my friend has a spare router that has an antenna that he's giving to me. so, i'll try that dish when i get the router.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.